Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 01-12-11, 19:26

Default William Graves FFMFFF

Name - William Graves

Date and place of birth 27 September 1807, Saltfleetby St Peters, Lincolnshire

Names of parents William Graves and Rebecca (formerly Barker)

Date and place of baptism - 17 October 1807 in Satlfeetby St Peter, Lincolnshire

Details of each of his or her marriages - Married Mary Epton 2nd April 1829 in Somersby, Lincolnshire

Occupation(s) - Farmer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

1841 - Living with wife Mary and children Lucy, Phillip and Emma at Saltfleetby St Peters. Age 30. Occupation - Farmer.

1851 - Living with wife Mary and children Epton and Mary at Saltfleetby St Peters. Age 43. Occupation - Farmer of 36 acres.

1861 - Living with children Epton and Mary at Wilbrow, Saltfleetby St Peters. Aged 53. Occupation - Farmer of 64 acres. Employing 1 man.

1871 - Living with wife and one Farm Servant in Saltfleetby St Peters. Aged 63. Occupation - Farmer and Landowner of 77 acres, Employing 1 Labourer and 2 boys.

1881 - Living with wife and children Phillip and Mary at Willow Row Bank, Saltfleetby St Peters. Aged 73. Occupation - Farmer.

1891 - Living on his own at Willow Row Bank, Saltfleetby St Peters. Aged 83. Occupation - Farmer, Employer. House has more than four rooms. Widower.

Date, place and cause of death - 10 June 1891, Saltfleetby St Peters, Lincolnshire, Cause of death:

Shock to the system caused by serious burns through accidentally falling on the fireb in his house. Lived 2 days.

There was an inquest held on the 12th June.

Date and place of burial - 13 June 1891 in Saltfleetby St Peters, Lincolnshire

Details of will / administration of their estate - This is the last Will and Testament of me William Graves of No 4 South Terrace Newmarket Louth Lincolnshire but late of Saltfleetby Saint Peters Lincolnshire Farmer. I hereby declare that I have in my lifetime given to my eldest son Philip Graves and also to my daughter Mary Graves certain sums of money to enable them to start in business for himself I therefore only bequeath to him by this my Will a Legacy of £5..0..0 I give devise and bequeath to Charles Clayton of No 243 Amhurst Road Stoke Newington in the County of Middlesex Draper upon trust to sell and dispose of as soon as conveniently may be after my decease all my property estate and effects of what value or kind soever and wheresoever situate both real and personal which may belong to me at the time of my death and the proceeds arising therefrom I will and desire sjall be divided into three equal parts and shall be dealt with as follows namely one third part thereof to go to and be paid to my daughter Lucy Hall of No 34 Great Union Street Drypool Hull in the County of York for her sole and separate use absolutely one third part thereof to my daughter Anne Claytonof No 243 Amhurst Road aforesaid (the wife of the said Charles Clayton) but in the event of her decease in the lifetime of the said Charles Clayton then I direct that he share shall be for the sole and absolute use of the said Charles Clayton and as to the remaining one third part thereof I desire that the same should be equally divided between my grandchildren Philip Graves of Saltfleetby Saint Peters in the County of Lincoln Charlie Graves of No 243 Amhurst Road aforesaid and Louisa Graves of Saltfleetby aforesaid but I will and direct that all the before mentioned shares are to be first subject to the payment thereout of all my just debts funeral and testamentary expences and all other charges and expenses which may be incurred under this my Will I hereby nominate and appoint the said Charles Clayton Sole Executor and Trustee of this my Will and do revoke and make void all other Wills and Codicils by me at anytime heretofore made and declare this only to be and contain my last Will and Testament In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name this twenty fifth day of June one thousand eight hundred and eighty eight
Signes and acknowledged by the said William Graves the Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence and in the presence of each other all being present at the same time have hereunto subscribed out names as Witnesses.
Alfred Linsell 1 Wakefield Villas Wakefield Road Stoke Newington
James Pye 253 Amhurst Road N.

Proved at Lincoln the twenty second day of April 1892 by the oath of Charles Clayton the Sole Executor to whom Administration was granted.
The Testator William Graves was formerly of Saltfleetby Saint Peters in the County of Lincoln afterwards of 4 South Terrace Newmarket Louth in the same County but late of Saltfleetby in the same County Farmer and died on the tenth day of June 1891 at Saltfleetby aforesaid.
Gross personal estate £359..4..6
Net value £164..6..11

Memorial inscription - Yes, memorial to wife with inscription for William underneath. Biblical reference on bottom but unreadable now.

Tags
to4g17