Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 11-11-09, 05:35
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstonite View Post
Hiya....Garston is only 5 miles from Runcorn so I might be able to help you here.The Rathbone family here in Liverpool is a well known family and there`s Rathbone Rd / Rathbone school .Runcorn and Widnes became the towns to manufacture chemicals for Liverpool.The Manchester Ship canal starts at Runcorn straight off the Mersey...The only munitions factory I know of in this area was in Speke...Rootes car manufacturers became the munitions factory during WW2...nor sure about WW1..do you know whether the munitions factory was in Runcorn ?....in the 1960`s Runcorn became a "new town" as an overspill housing area for Liverpool.If I can help in any way let me know....allan
Thank you, Allan I'm afraid I know nothing more about the munitions factory, other than the occupation as described on the birth certificate. If I can find out any more I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Joan, are you sure that Harriet is the one whose marriage you mentioned, or could she have died before 1911? I have heard that some parents thought they had to list all their children on the 1911 census, including those who had died, so it could be that they wrote her name in and then it was crossed out because she was dead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
There doesn't appear to be a death for Harriet though Kate.
Thanks Kite and Margaret - am thoroughly confused about Harriet now! LOL
Old 11-11-09, 11:13
Administrator

Maybe she was one of those suffragettes who stayed out all night so they wouldn't be listed on the census, and her father wrote her name on the list anyway, but she insisted he cross it out!

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 11-11-09, 17:58
Muggins in Sussex

What a lovely idea, KiteRunner