Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 19-02-14, 09:26
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Their mother Dorothy Buck died in 1770 and was buried in Wyke Regis. The burial entry records her as a widow and also "(but died on Sat y 14th being Passionate)".
I think it will be something like "being Passiontide", the last two weeks of Lent. I found a site showing dates of Easter Sunday in the past which says that it was 15th April in 1770 so I think the register is saying she died on Easter Saturday.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 19-02-14, 09:30
Administrator

That's more like it! lol

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 19-02-14, 10:54
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
I noticed an admin for a spinster Elizabeth Buck who died in Abbotsbury (v close to the other places) in 1745. She had a sister Eleanor Trenchard, wife of John and another called Mary O*iler (maybe O'Hiler or Offiler depending on where you look) - I've only found burials for these three woman. I would have liked them to be close relatives of Henry and Richard . Trenchard is a Dorset name so I would have expected that marriage to have been in the county.
I found a marriage for Eleanor Buck to John Cronch in 1732 at Abbotsbury. Turned out the register said John Trenchard!

I also found Mary Ford, widow marrying Thomas Otteler in Dorchester in 1734, both of Abbotsbury. I feel sure this is going to be the other Miss Buck, but I can't see an appropriate Buck to Ford marriage yet!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010