Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 05-01-22, 07:08

Hi , I was still trying to establish the birth of Mary swift from post 62 . she married john whalley in 1820 , witnesses ralph blackburn and ann swift .As i said in post later there are three trees of the whalley s but as you said the trees were mary married surname denton and owens are not belonging to me . I never did establish if there was a connection between ralph blackburn and ann swift witnesses at their wedding . I did findd a illigitamete birth to a betty swift in aughton in 1801 . there is a tree which suggest that a ellen harrison and john swift are the parents of mary.
Old 05-01-22, 07:10

but this is still all got to be gone over as you said before . you have prove everything that's been put down .
Old 05-01-22, 07:21
Administrator

Quote:
I never did establish if there was a connection between ralph blackburn and ann swift witnesses at their wedding .
Erm, yes, you did.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 05-01-22, 08:21

Hi i'm sorry merry you will have to give me a pointer as i can't remember seeing a post . saying there was a connection ?
Old 05-01-22, 09:23
Administrator

It was you who posted it. Prob around post 70, I don't remember now. They married each other soon after the couple they were witnesses for.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 05-01-22, 12:02

Hi yes Ralph married Ann but I never found out if Ann and Mary were related
Old 05-01-22, 12:43
Administrator

Yes you did. It's all here on this thread between posts 70 (roughly) and post 131. After Post 131 you came back after 9 months on a different topic.

Old 05-01-22, 13:23

after post 130 we left the topic , as i couldn't find out anything else you had eliminated denton and owen as being Mary's husbands . So i never concluded who was her parents for definite . yes i for some reason started another post 7 months later . But I do appreciate your input , i'm partially blind and sometimes struggle with seeing somethings It's very difficult using some of the old sites without a new browser
Old 05-01-22, 14:46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
hi ,yes i have found mary born 1895 , to john and ellen and ann 1801 to john and ellen swift .
I thought this was you having a success with the baptisms for Mary and Ann. (Post #121, I think)

Old 05-01-22, 15:48

I am happy with ann and mary's birth to ellen and john in ormskirk . yiu eliminated denton and owen , so that leaves us with her marriage to John Whalley . Hope you agree