Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 14-12-21, 04:31

Default billinge and upholland ancestors

post 44 , Hi i have struggled to Get the children of Margeret Smallshaw (holland ) in a order , and how many children she actually had with who as there are lots of children. I do know that she had the three children before she was married . But then she has other children as a gaskell and holland . .i would like to get them into a kind ogpf order with fathers if possible . obviously the first three we do not know the fathers names . But any help would be gratefully received .
Old 14-12-21, 07:02
Administrator

I don't think you mean post #44!

By chance, I read post #42 and that sent me back to post #35 where I think I've done a lot of the work for you already.

You just need to use the GRO index and work your way through it using the various surnames to fill in any gaps I've left.

I've already written about Thomas, Mary and Esther.

You need to look for James and John as I didn't look up those two.

Then the next set are Henry, Ellen Sarah and Margaret and I've already posted their registrations.

I would suggest you make a list of all of these and see how big the gaps are in between to determine whether you need to be looking for any more children who may have died between the census returns.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 14-12-21, 07:33

thanks will make a list and see who i can find like you said and burials just in case .
Old 17-12-21, 07:34

hi , I have been trying to trace thomas hollands ancestors from post 35 . born in 1793 uppollamd . it says parents john and margeret , i've tried to find the marriage of these two , but as yet found a few marriages in upholland and wigan ,but not with the name margeret ? any ideas . there's a marriage in 1771 upholland of a john and a ellen Rigby ,
Old 17-12-21, 09:08
Administrator

I haven't found the marriage, but Lancs OPC has the burial of a Margret, wife of John Holland, collier, 3 Jan 1795 at St Thomas the Martyr, Up Holland, abode Holland.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 17-12-21, 13:59

Thanks. kiterunner , i will check that out . Regards chrissie
Old 17-12-21, 14:43

all i can find at the moment is a sarah darbisher ,married john 1790 in upholland .
but not a margeret i have checked omskirk skelmersdale and wigan online parish clerks but as yet not found a margeret .
Old 01-01-22, 09:27

hi ,merry I was going over some of these posts looking for mary swift . I did find a daughter mary born to betty swift illigitimatly to a betty swiftbin Aughton , i can't see if i mentioned her or not ? thanks
Old 01-01-22, 09:29

Sorry i've put this comment in th wrong place mary swift was john whalley s wife in a Rainford and was trying to find a link between ann swift who married ralph blackburn . and who were witnesses at mary and johns wedding .
Old 01-01-22, 10:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
Sorry i've put this comment in th wrong place mary swift was john whalley s wife in a Rainford and was trying to find a link between ann swift who married ralph blackburn . and who were witnesses at mary and johns wedding .
You need to post what you know already, with dates, places, census ot whatever etc and the source(s) for that information and then what your question is, please.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010