Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 03-11-13, 12:03
Administrator

Default Blinky flip, where's that gone?

Following on from Phoenix's thread about organisation, where on earth have my transcripts of my family entries for Kempston parish vanished to?

It was about 8 or 10 pages of A4 close lined file paper (I have the pad it was torn from ), written in black ink with red crosses at the side of the entries I'd proved belonged to my family.

I'm sure it was sitting in a letter tray on my desk about two months ago, but the family history stuff on that desk was moved to another table when OH decided to make one space FH only. The other things moved to the new desk are mostly from that letter tray, so where are the transcripts?

I've gone through every hanging file in my cabinet (what a lot of rubbish in many of them, but now I'm scared to chuck anything!!)

I've also gone through two storage cupboards in the same room and done a thorough search so I wont have to look there again.

I've checked all around the fiche reader in the dining room in case I looked at them whilst checking a fiche entry. Nothing.

Where next? I'm as sure as I can be I've not thrown them away.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 03-11-13, 12:14

You know it will be sitting in the most obvious place, and that you will have probably looked for it there at least five times before you find it!
(That's what usually happens to me.)

I hope you find them sooner rather than later, Merry.
Old 03-11-13, 14:25

Have you looked in all your books? that's where some of mine end up instead of bookmarks.
As it's Sunday how about a quick prayer to St Anthony, finder of lost things.
It always works for me!!!
Regards
Mary
Old 03-11-13, 14:39
Administrator

lol Actually, looking in books sounds a good idea. Will try a prayer later if the books idea doesn't work!

I just sent you a pm!!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 03-11-13, 14:46

If prayer to St Anthony doesn't work try St Jude!!!!
Old 03-11-13, 15:33
Administrator

I can see the prayer session coming soon. I've looked through all likely books and am running out of ideas!

Old 03-11-13, 16:34

Mislaid my specs on an overnight visit. Turned lounge upside down, bedroom upside down. Knew they were in the house as I'd been able to see the fireworks last night.

Drew the bedroom curtains.... and there they were on the window sill.

Your transcripts will be just where they should be, it's just you can't see them.
Old 03-11-13, 16:46
Administrator

Quote:
Your transcripts will be just where they should be, it's just you can't see them.
*borrows Phoenix's specs from window ledge*

I'm sure you're right - I am often guilty of not seeing things when I'm looking right at them.

I can see these lists so well in my mind's eye, if I could focus in just a bit more I could probably read them and all my troubles would be over!!

Old 03-11-13, 16:47

Somewhere on the old desk?
Old 03-11-13, 16:55
Administrator

I've looked at the half dozen sheets on the old desk about ten times, but they are still all other things.

Usually I just say to OH "I can't find XYZ" and he apparently doesn't listen, but about half an hour later says "Is this what you were looking for?" having found it really easily. This time it's not working