Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 21-09-19, 09:09

I ordered one on 26 July due 10th August and am also still waiting.
Old 23-09-19, 12:30

I ordered 2 wills on 07 Sep both with a delivery date of 22 Sep - one was delivered 19 Sep and the other was delivered today - But I am still waiting for the three ordered 25 Jul due 09 Aug and the two ordered 20 Aug due 04 Sep.
Old 25-09-19, 08:35

That's not good service at all. They should be doing them in order of receipt. Now you, and everyone else, has a reason to complain as it looks like orders prior to 7 September have been lost, or are being ignored.

(I am happy you got some of your orders though, don't get me wrong.)
Old 25-09-19, 10:43

Toni, I stand to be corrected, but I think that the wills proved in the last twenty years or so can be accessed almost immediately, while the older ones take longer.

I also suspect that more recent wills will be regarded as "more relevant" than older ones, so the onus will be to get them out as quickly as possible.

The take-up rate has probably overwhelmed them.
Old 25-09-19, 11:24

I can understand that they are overstretched but I really do think that there ought to be some sort of announcement on the website informing us about the current situation and reassuring their customers that they will receive their wills in due course.
Old 25-09-19, 13:25
Administrator

What led to them reducing the price?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 25-09-19, 13:45

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the two wills I received were proved in 1865 and 1885.
Old 25-09-19, 14:17

Okay, I'm out of excuses

Can't even argue that they clear small orders before large ones, as mine were delivered individually, over a ten day period.
Old 25-09-19, 18:14

I e-mailed them this morning and the reply was in my inbox when we returned (from seeing Downton Abbey at the cinema) this afternoon.

This is the reply:

Dear Customer,

We are sorry that it has already taken us longer than 10 working days to send copies of your documents and that you had cause to make your complaint.

We know that our service hasn’t met with the time commitment we gave and that this is disappointing. We are experiencing very high demand for copies of wills, which means it is taking us significantly longer than usual to provide copies requested via gov.uk.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and the frustration that this delay is causing. Please be assured that we have your request and understand how important this is to you.

We are working hard to get the service back on track and to provide a more realistic timeframe for responding to requests for copies of wills when there is very high demand.
Old 26-09-19, 10:52

That's a relief for you Eliza.

Just letting people know they were overwhelmed and the time frames have blown out is really all they need to do.