Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 06-02-10, 03:09

Ooooooh very ritzy area now..

Camp Hill wasn't quite so up market in 1954, but a ordinary house there (around Perth St) is over the million dollars now.

Di...........do you know the area??? I could get you photos if you like.
Old 06-02-10, 13:58

I just wish I had enough money to do my family history research personally. I fancy a world tour. I remember when I was a girl my great aunt showed me some wonderful railway share certificates for Canadian railways which she had inherited and were then practically worthless. I wonder if Eustace was the source.

Thanks again to everyone for their hard work. I have found out a lot more than I was expecting. If only all my relatives had who's who entries. I have just looked at a will from which my mum received a small legacy and it gives Henrietta Pike's descendents as Royston Joseph Baum PIke and John Baum Pike and Geoffrey Royston Pike. I had no idea they were in Australia. For fans of heir hunters the rresearch was done by title research who charged £10,700.

Last edited by anne fraser; 07-02-10 at 10:12.
Old 07-02-10, 17:23

[ATTACH]70[/ATTACH
I see the millitary records give a contact address as Dr. Pike Vulture Street South Brisbane if that means anything to you Marquette. I have been reading about the Gallipoli campaign. I see my world tour will have to include Egypt and Turkey. If only.

Last edited by anne fraser; 07-02-10 at 17:54.