Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 18-06-14, 22:23

Julie

If you ever want anything done in Truro I will be very happy to do it for you (opening hours permitting!). My own research is at a standstill and I would relish the chance to get my teeth into something again.

One of the reasons that Truro is on short time is because (I think) much stuff is now available at the Cornwall Centre in Redruth. I'm just as happy to go there for you.

OC
Old 19-06-14, 12:25

OC you posted that in public. If you want to research my Candy's please feel free.
Old 19-06-14, 18:58
tenterfieldjulie

Mary, Deb was scheduled to fly home using her frequent flyer points. She had insurance so that could have been changed, but it would have been quite involved and stressful. She also has businesses at home that she runs and so that would have been a complication. However, the initial concern was that as she was blacking out due to lack of oxygen, they thought she could have had a clot from the flight over. When that was ruled out and her temp dropped and her oxygen stabilised she improved very dramatically. Initially they thought it was hayfever and asthma, but now it appears that another bug was involved.
Thanks for your offer OC .. when I get my head together I will let you know a couple of issues that I would like sorted if possible.
By the way OC, I went to the car boot at Relubbus and was very restrained with my purchases.. I really admired the plants which looked beautiful and healthy. There were some lovely old clocks, but I only bought a couple of old books - Penzance by Melissa Hardie and Cornwall by Arthur L Salmon 6th Ed 1927. At Landhydrock I bought "A Guide to Cornish Place Names" by R. Morton Nance (booklet).
I bought books on the family churches which were open when we visited - Breage, Germoe, Perranuthnoe, Morvah, we also visited Gulval and Constantine (too late to visit) which were closed.
Julie