Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-17, 18:47

Hi Nick and Merry

Just a quick post to say I have seen this discussion, but dont have time to read it fully at the moment.

I have found the 1832 burial at Withybrook and am pretty convinced its our Sarah. Aren't wills the best things !! So much information in some of them. But I wouldn't looked for a will for Martha Timbs, being a way of the main track of my research.

Given the family history, I would also think that our Wilfords are non-conformist, so maybe no "baptisms" will be found.
Except the marriage, and his mothers name of Ebenezer's death certificate and the use of the Wilford as a middle name in some parts of the Iliffe family, we would have had no idea about her.

I do think the Pitts connection is a strong one, so I will look at your information tonight and revise my tree.I think I have found the Pitts/Moore connection, but I am so excited by the details you provide, I can see I will be getting back into some serious searching as soon as I can.

I dont know why some researchers are not prepared to be "corrected" by those with better information - I am always delighted to find someone else researching my family, and if they have found information I have not uncovered after 15 years, its such a thrill.

I am still chipping away at the Ebenezer/John Iliffe mystery, but as neither was "registered" at Monks Kirby with the other Iliffe children, its been a long roundabout search. I am hoping something in the Lands Dept records might provide a clue.

Di

Last edited by marquette; 08-02-17 at 18:55.

Tags
to4g2