Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > What Did Your Relative Do In The Great War?

Old 14-06-17, 06:16

Jim I will be working but will see if I can be released for a while.
Old 30-06-17, 18:13

Hi Jill just to say thankyou for everything you ,the children and the school did for us on Wednesday to make the day special for the whole family ,I have been in contact with Carol and my other cousin to tell them about the day ,Carol tells me that you haven written to her and have given her a run down on how the day went ,I do have photos that I would gladly send you however I do understand the situation with the children ,if you would like me to send some photos perhaps you could send your e mail address ,would understand if you don't want to put address on forum so perhaps you could send the address to Carol and she could pass the address on to me Many Thanks Geoff
Old 30-06-17, 18:44

Thankyou Geoff - I sent you a private message earlier via this site (see top of page). thankyou for your kind offer of photos, I have some already on the school camera, and today Jim dropped of a CD full so we have plenty to look at, I think they may be showing them in assembly soon.

It was a very memorable occasion and we were proud to be able to take part.
Old 30-06-17, 19:34

Hi Jill , have managed to see message (not used to all this technology) ,if we could get the war graves commission to make the grave more presentable that would marvellous , I didn't realise the grave was in such a poor state of repair and had mentioned to Lesley on the way home that I would contact the family to see if we could do something about it ,once again thankyou for all your help regarding the service ,and hopefully we meet again at some other time ,regards Geoff P S I have in the past tried to contact Williams immediate family and have the tree that shows me down to a great grandson but after numerous attempts to find them I have had no luck ,is there anything you could suggest that. might help me find them
Old 01-07-17, 19:44

I found a tree on Ancestry.co.uk that has William's son on it and messaged the tree owner a couple of weeks ago but so far have had no reply, I will let you know if I get an answer.
Old 02-07-17, 19:18

Hi Jill ,thanks for that ,if you did get a answer that would be great ,I have William Arthur's tree if it's any help William Arthur Overton married Ethel may Barnard
Son William Arnold b1918 married Ruby Vousden married 1938
Son ******* Overton b1946 married ***** ****** marr 1969
Daughter **** b1969 tonbridge married **** 2003 and son **** born 1971 Maidstone married **** 1990 in Bromley they had one child **** born 2003 Lincolnshire
Just thought if you do get a reply this may help to confirm that this is the descendants of William Arthur
Many thanks take care Geoff

Last edited by Merry; 02-07-17 at 22:33. Reason: Edited out names of potentially living people
Old 02-07-17, 21:20

Thanks Geoff, we are not supposed to name living people so one of the moderators will remove those mentioned, but I have made a note for my own reference.
Old 02-07-17, 21:48

Oh ok ,sorry about that didn't realise ,
Old 02-07-17, 22:31
Administrator

Geoff, you could have edited your own post to remove the names when Jill pointed out the rule, but I have done it for you.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 06-07-17, 05:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I found a tree on Ancestry.co.uk that has William's son on it and messaged the tree owner a couple of weeks ago but so far have had no reply, I will let you know if I get an answer.
The tree owner is very distantly connected so is not in touch with any of the family unfortunately.