Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 22-09-20, 08:42

Default Robinson Family going forwards from 1871 ormskirk

Hi to all , I do hope you are all keeping well and coping with the current situation . ???? I am looking to trace some of my family tree Of the robinsons from Ormskirk . I have researched their past with help from you all , but haven't gone forwards with the search for the sons going forwards . -: John Robinson Born approx 1858 Ormskirk .father james robinson tailor , mother Jane Robinson , James robinson born approx 1853 Ormskirk , Richard Robinson born approx 1863 Ormskirk . I Am looking for marriages of these people to see where they settled and had their family's . any help would be gratefully received . I would normally access ancestry at my library . but it still isn't open . thanks all
Old 22-09-20, 09:19
Administrator

ROBINSON, JAMES mmn HALE
GRO Reference: 1851 S Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 21 Page 644

ROBINSON, JOHN mmn HALE
GRO Reference: 1858 J Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 08B Page 551

ROBINSON, RICHARD mmn HALE
GRO Reference: 1862 S Quarter in ORMSKIRK Volume 08B Page 616

Things to note:

There are not all the children of James and Jane (I only searched 1851-1865, whch revealed the above, plus two more, but there may be others outside this time frame).

Jane Robinson's name was Hale not Robinson.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 22-09-20, 09:20
Administrator

This could be the death of James:

James Robinson
abt 1852 Oct-Nov-Dec 1873 Ormskirk Lancashire

given there isn't an obvious match for him after 1871 on the census (when he was stil single - no marriages in Ormskirk district for a James R between then and the death). His burial was 15 Dec 1873 (age mistranscribed) but the address only says Ormskirk.

I don't have time to look for the other two now.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 22-09-20, 10:00
Administrator

I see you already have threads about Jane Hale. Can you give me her death details please.

Old 22-09-20, 10:25
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
I would normally access ancestry at my library . but it still isn't open . thanks all
Lancashire County Council's website says that they are currently providing access to the Lancashire Archives stuff on Ancestry at home to their members:

https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/librar...brary-at-home/
(scroll down to the "Family and local history" section.)

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 23-09-20, 05:38

hi Kiterunner. thanks for your help, i will try and look for janes death , as i didn't do that ,when i was researching the hales and robinsons before . thanks
Old 23-09-20, 08:03
Administrator

This could be James Robinson senior's death:

Deaths Sep 1871
Robinson James 46 Ormskirk 8b 545

and burial:

James Robinson
b abt 1825 bur 18 Jul 1871 Ormskirk (address just says Ormskirk)

Which one of the Robinson children is your ancestor?

Old 23-09-20, 08:21
Administrator

In 1871 Richard (b 1862) is with his parents.

In 1881 there is a Richard b Ormskirk, collier living as a boarder in Skelmersdale. As in 1871 your Richard was the only one that said b Ormskirk and there is only the one Richard Robinson b Ormskirk on the 1881 census too, I thought this was probably your Richard. However in 1891 (where there is also only the one Richard R born Ormskirk of the right age, again a collier) this Richard is with his mother and she doesn't fit well with being your Jane as she is Sarah J Robinson, a bit younger than your Jane and says born Scarisbrick not Ormskirk (I realise that's not far away). The problem is, I can't find this Richard with mother Sarah in 1871 so can't eliminate him.

Old 23-09-20, 08:34
Administrator

As for John Robinson b 1858, there are no obvious matches in 1881 and there is this death:

Deaths Mar 1876
Robinson John 17 Ormskirk 8b 618

and burial:

John Robinson
b abt 1858 bur 25 Mar 1875 (mistranscribed, should read 1876) Ormskirk (Address Ormskirk)

Old 23-09-20, 08:55

I think nancy Robinson is nancy( ann ) who married William Grimshaw in 1873 Skelmersdale . they had a daughter ann who married william eccleston in 1884 skelmersdale william eccleston is my grandfather . I never met any of them .so i was trying to look forwards on the robinson side to see if there was any family of there's either in Ormskirk or surrounding area who survived into the 1900s