Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 04-07-14, 16:25
Administrator

Default 1841-1901 censuses - Family Relatives

I've just had an email from Family Relatives saying that they have added the 1841 and 1901 censuses for England and Wales in beta test and "will be adding the remaining 1851, 1861, 1881, and 1871 censuses shortly." Actually they seem to have all the England and Wales censuses from 1841 through to 1901 on the site now but I'm not sure whether they are all complete yet.

Their subscription page shows that as an introductory offer, you can currently buy an annual "Premium" subscription including all the censuses 1841-1901 (yes, 1891 is in there), and all their other collections (including the BMD indexes), for £34.95. Please note that pay-per-view credits can not be used for the censuses.

The census search doesn't work for me on Internet Explorer although I have version 11, but it does work on Opera. They recommend Chrome or Firefox.

http://www.familyrelatives.com/index.php

Click on the Search tab and then select Census. Their search seems good, as far as I can see without paying up. You can use wild cards and add in the names of other family members. So worth considering if you want a basic package of the 1841-1901 England and Wales censuses, but bear in mind that Scotland is not included and nor is the 1911 census, though you could buy pay-as-you-go credits on the 1911 census site for that.

Unfortunately the help and news pages on the site do not seem to be kept up-to-date.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update