Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 22-08-17, 08:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniebug View Post
Merry still ploughing away entering in, but I came across an 1851 Census for Mary C Plasto granddaughter of Susanna someone. I can't read anything on that line pertaining to surnames (apart from Anne Hayes) and especially where they were born, can you or someone decipher this please?
On the 1861 census Mary C is the dau of Daniel and Esther C Plasto. Daniel is aged 52 and from Gosport Hampshire.

Anyway, in 1851 I couldn't read the grandmother's surname either, so looked for Mary C Plasto's birth reg to see if it would be the same name as her mmn:

PLASTO,*MARY*CHARLOTTE mmn AUBER
GRO Reference: 1849 J Quarter in SAINT PANCRAS Volume*01 Page*337

and, Yes I think the grandmother is Susanna Auber.
One other thing I think I remember about Daniel Plasto (the one in this post) is that his father was also Daniel Plasto who died in 1855 at 9 Mornington Crescent "the home of his son". I think that must have been in the newspapers and I also saw Daniel jr was still at that address years later, I think that must have been on his probate entry.

I just looked at the death reg for Daniel senr in 1855 and he was aged 75.

So, I think that makes Daniel senr the same Daniel Plasto who married Frances Fisher and was the father of Henry Plasto the presumed uncle of Martha Cook (1849). So, that's where this thread started and we have come full circle!

Here is the Daniel who was the husband of Frances Fisher and died in London in 1855 on the 1851 census with his other known son, Henry, and Martha nee Price:

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...nSearchResults

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 22-08-17, 08:21
geniebug

Thanks Merry, you've been a great help. I will post when I've caught up.
Old 25-08-17, 22:51
geniebug

Message 32
Quote:
Elizabeth Fisher bap 30 Nov 1857 at Kidderminster, Worcestershire, parents John and Martha Hughes (birth reg in earlier post) (Ancestry)
Bit confused by this - Isn't she supposed to be Elizabeth Hughes (of her mother's 2nd husband) - because if she was baptized 1857 Martha was by then married to Samuel Christopher John Hughes (1849)- the first husband John Fisher had died in 1847
Old 26-08-17, 06:54
Administrator

Sorry, yes, If you look at post #22 I listed her birth reg as Hughes and if you look at Ancestry the baptism record is there under Hughes and I did manage to say her parents were John and Martha Hughes at the baptism! It's just my typing error.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 26-08-17, 07:24
geniebug

Thanks Merry