Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 16-08-17, 10:18
Administrator

There is another contender for that passenger list (as well as any other men named C Bradbury born in 1910!), as there's an outward journey for a Mr C Bradbury dob 2 Aug 1910 from Southampton to Cape Town in 1956. This man is a carpenter and his UK address is Overseas Visitors Club, 3 Templeton Road, SW5. The address perhaps suggests he had been overseas before. I suppose 'designer' and 'carpenter' don't seem like similar occupations, but that rather depends on the context of 'designer'. Do you know the occ of Claude William?

I realise it would be helpful if the 1936 listing is Claude as he needs to have travelled before 1939, hence not appearing on the 1939 register.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 16-08-17, 20:35
Administrator

I looked for the Mr Bradbury born 2 Aug 1910 on the 1939 register and in the Eng/Wales death reg indexes to try and establish his first name, but no luck with either.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 18-08-17, 12:55

I believe Claude was born 21 June 1910, although registered in the September Quarter.

I'll see if my new found 'cousin' knows what he did for a living.
Old 18-08-17, 14:03
Administrator

I looked at all the male C Bradburys registered Q2 and Q3 1910 and looked to see if I could find the dobs for all of them. It seemed as if there was a death reg match for each of them except your man, yet none of them were born 2 Aug 1910, so either the dob on the passenger list is wrong or that man was born out of England or Wales or I have matched something up incorrectly! (or something else lol)