Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 16-08-17, 23:29

Thanks Vita anything you may have could be the clue I need.
At the National Archives I went through wills from Denham in the hope of finding a clue, but there was nothing. I was also hoping that cousins might later leave something to a cousin, but still no luck.
I think I will make a trip to Buckingham Archives in Aylesbury to do further research as they have lots of papers relating to the families.
David
Old 17-08-17, 16:26

Hi David - as I thought, Hill was the name of the agent representing local landowner

Benjamin Way in his dealings with the Trenleys. Was your Jane from the wealthy Hill

family of that area? I see they produced MPs etc & would be surprised if they married into

my Trenleys who seem to have acquired some land but were far from wealthy.

However, Trenley is a fairly unusual name & as you say, the dates are right.

I'm not sure what you're actually looking for - my Robert being yours as well, perhaps?

I'm afraid I don't have any more info on him,although I do on his siblings, but if you say

what might help I'm sure someone here will offer some suggestions.

I hope we do turn out to be related - I haven't been too successful in that area so far!

Vita.
Old 17-08-17, 20:19
Administrator

Quote:
my Robert being yours as well, perhaps
How can that be, if David's Robert died in 1742 , but yours was the younger brother of Edward who was running the Falcon Inn in the early 1800s?

EDIT - Oh, in another thread you have your Edward running the Falcon Inn before 1729?? So 100 years earlier!! That's better - I thought I was going mad!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 17-08-17, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
How can that be, if David's Robert died in 1742 , but yours was the younger brother of Edward who was running the Falcon Inn in the early 1800s?

EDIT - Oh, in another thread you have your Edward running the Falcon Inn before 1729?? So 100 years earlier!! That's better - I thought I was going mad!
No Merry - not you, but me going mad as usual. Sorry!

I think David's Robert is a strong contender to be mine but would like to know

more about Jane Hill. As I say, THE Hills of Denham/Harefield weren't short of

a bob or two whereas my Trenleys were lowly husbandmen/yeomen.
Old 21-08-17, 00:02

Hi Vita
I have just seen a baptism on findmypast for Robert Trunly son of John & Hannah in 1686!
The exact year i expected because when Robert Trenley was buried at Harefield 4 Oct 1741 ( sorry i said 1742 before) he was 55.
So we are related, yes?
So I am pretty certain this is right age and place near to Harefield.
The Hills do seem to have had property. Robert's wife Jane Hill was daughter of John who died 1699. His widow died 1732 and apparently left a will (which I cannot find) and a case in chancery ensued the next year or 2 between Jane and some of her siblings against a younger brother Benjamin Hill and another Thomas Hill.
The Hills have been a great game of research for me the last 2 years, only chancery, wills & estate duty have ascertained connections as the surname is just too common.
David
Old 21-08-17, 16:17

Well, hello cousin !!!!!!! Looks like your Robert was my 8xg/uncle.

I've done quite a bit of research on the Trenleys & it seems they were quite canny in

business matters, according to the Hill who was agent for Benjamin Way. I've also got

the wills of Hannah Trenley & her father Edward Redman if you're interested. Later

generations contain some characters you may like to hear about & I'd love to know more

about Robert & Jane. I also have a Mary Trenley m a William Hill in the 1790s with my

4xg/grandfather Isaac Headland as witness - I wonder if you have anything on that?

PM me if you would like to exchange info.

Vita.