Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 03-02-11, 20:54

Hi Liz,

Thankyou for your reply on this thread.

I do have a sister, Mary Tooley, to my Timothy who was baptised 1 Jan 1767. But I also had her burial on 07 Feb 1767 in East Tuddenham, this information came from Freereg, which states she was the daughter of Timothy & Elizabeth. So I'd be interested in any information you have.

Sue
Old 03-02-11, 22:16

Oh thats interesting, there was a lot of confusion over who our Mary Tooleys parents were. The death information for your mary tooley takes us back to the origional finding that she is an illigetimate child of a Sarah Tooley, Timothys unmarried sister, and actually born around 1770.

Our Mary Tooley married John Bligh

John BLYE of this parish single man and Mary TOOLEY of the same single were married
in this church by banns 10 October 1797 Brandon Parva Norfolk England.
(Reference FHC Film 1526810 Brandon Parish Records Norfolk)

Mary BLIGH formerly TOOLEY age 56 died about 1826 and was buried on 30 November
1826 Ashill Parish Church Norfolk England.
(Reference FHC Film 1596157 Church records and Norwich Records Office National Burial Index).

I would be interested on your take on this and if you can shed any light on Sarah Tooley.
Old 04-02-11, 18:15

Hmm.. that's interesting, I don't have a Sarah Tooley amongst Timothy's (1779) siblings... oh!

I have Timothy Tooley & Elizabeth Arthurton marriage 27 Dec 1759 at East Tuddenham, Norfolk

And these are the children I have for them all sourced from freereg:

Rebecca bap 1764 at Hockering (exact date not given) buried 10 Nov 1766 East Tuddenham
Susanna bap 1765 at Hockering
Mary bap 01 Jan 1767 at East Tuddenham buried 07 Feb 1767 East Tuddenham
Michael bap 17 Oct 1768 East Tuddenham
Rebecca bap 28 Oct 1770 East Tuddenham buried 10 Nov 1770 East Tuddenham
Stephen bap 25 Jul 1773 Mattishall & Dareham, Norfolk -Congregational
Samuel bap 23 Jun 1776 Mattishall & Dareham, Norfolk -Congregational
Timothy bap 26 Dec 1779 Mattishall & Dareham, Norfolk -Congregational - married Ann(e) Fox 21 Mar 1803 Norwich - St Gregory

I don't know if this helps or hinders..lol..

Sue
Old 05-02-11, 03:00

i think that it clears up that Timothy and Elizabeth are not her parents and i now have a mystery Sarah Tooley, mother of Mary Tooley. Better a blank space that incorrect information.

Thankyou for your help.
Liz
Old 05-02-11, 08:51

As I've not been able to view the actual parish register, there could well be gaps in my information. So I wouldn't rule out Sarah being a daughter of Timothy & Elizabeth just yet.

My Timothy (son of Timothy & Elizabeth) named a daughter Sarah & Timothy snr's father also named a daughter Sarah, so the name seems to run in the family (I know it's not unusual )

Do let me know how you get on & I'll try and do some more digging around. It's a shame that the images of these parish registers are not available on the familysearch site. As I've been able to sort out a lot of my other lines from other parishes.

Sue
Old 06-02-11, 07:26

Timothy Snrs father named a daughter Sarah?? do you have a year of birth for her, and was she alive cir 1770??

I am a bit at a loss of where to go from here as i am on the other side of the world, i may have to put this puzzle on the back burner!

i will let you know if i stumble over anything new. Good luck with your searching.

Liz

Tags
to3g3