Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 29-10-11, 11:19

Default Thomas Harwood

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Thomas Harwood

Date and place of birth
mid 1772, Sutton Sussex

Names of parents
Henry Harwood and Elizabeth Goldring

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
27 Sep 1772, Sutton Sussex

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
married Frances Bartlett 17 Sep 1813, Upwaltham Sussex

Occupation(s) - if any
Ag. Lab.

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

Children all born in Sutton -Benjamin, Frances, Willliam, Eliza, Thomas, Frederick and Phillis
This is the link to daughter Eliza
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/f...=eliza+harwood

1841 - Sutton Sussex

Date, place and cause of death
Mar Q 1848, Sutton Sussex

Date and place of Burial
St John the Baptist, Sutton, 28 Jan 1848

Last edited by marquette; 29-10-11 at 21:19.
Old 29-10-11, 21:08

I have Thomas's burial as 28 Jan 1848 St John the Baptist, Sutton aged 77, (no gravestone when we were there this summer).

(My OH and I are both descended from Harwoods, Marquette's ancestor Thomas had a sister Sarah who was my husband's 4x gt grandmother, and Thomas was my 2nd cousin 5 times removed)

Straying slightly off topic, we found a gravestone for Thomas's grandson (Frank, son of Fredrick & Ann) though it is badly damaged. He was a policeman and died in 1902 aged 35ish.
"In loving memory of/Frank Harwood/son of Frederick and Ann Harwood/Who departed this life/2nd May 1902 aged ....years" (rest of inscription has gone)

There's a photo on my public tree on Ancestry or let me know if you'd like a copy.
Old 29-10-11, 21:17

Thanks Jill for the burial date - Sutton is not in the NBI, so its hard to get details for burials from that area. I will look for Frank's headstone on ancestry.

In my early family researching days, I had contact with another lady in Sussex who gave me heaps on the Harwoods - do you know Julie C ?

If I remember rightly, she said Thomas' daughter Phillis' husband was not a very nice man.

I should do some new ancestry work on the Harwoods - I haven't added any to it for along time.

Diane
Old 29-10-11, 21:28

Julie and I had an exchange of emails way back, through her website I think, though I had a quick look and the email link no longer works. She gives an acknowledgment to my bro in law on her Harwood page.

Tags
to4g13