Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Family History Photographs > Photo Restoration

Old 04-05-10, 11:21

I think all five of the women look similar ~ unsure about the slightly larger one

Can't tell if 'tiny' is the child/woman with dog, although that kind of ? Labrador ? Retriever ? looks to be in proportion to the woman .... ie she is a normal sized woman

erm .... does that make sense ?

have sort of decided that the child is not your miniature lady, mainly because of the chin

Last edited by Rachel; 04-05-10 at 11:24.
Old 04-05-10, 17:08

If the woman in the third picture is represented in the first, she looks most like the woman standing next to the man. The one with the v neckline.
Old 05-05-10, 06:39
Muggins in Sussex

Thank you for your ideas, Rachel & Phoenix.

I'll try to explain the problem without identifying living people.

It all stems from this photo of my parent's wedding.

My parent identifies the tiny lady on the far left (and other photos of the tiny lady) as "mother" (although I now know that his mother would have been adopted) and says that his "mother's" name was Beatrice Winifred Rathbone.

The problem is that I have made contact with quite a few Rathbones, who all say that the tiny lady in the wedding photo is not Beatrice, but is Beatrice's sister, Maud/e Mary/Maria, and that the lady with the little girl and also with the dog is Beatrice.

The little girl in the second photo is the person who was once introduced to me as my father's sister, and who was Beatrice's daughter.

This is why I am confused!!

Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 05-05-10 at 07:28.
Old 05-05-10, 13:05

I know you don't have your parent's birth certificate, but do you have any early addresses for him? If you could find the family on an electoral roll, that should give the forenames of the woman who brought him up.
Old 05-05-10, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins in Sussex View Post

The problem is that I have made contact with quite a few Rathbones, who all say that the tiny lady in the wedding photo is not Beatrice, but is Beatrice's sister, Maud/e Mary/Maria, and that the lady with the little girl and also with the dog is Beatrice.

This is why I am confused!!

The lady with the dog doesn't look like the 'Beatrice' in the pic with the little girl ~ nor the other one (not shown on this thread) with the baby

Here's a close-up of woman with dog

Last edited by Rachel; 05-05-10 at 14:24.
Old 06-05-10, 06:27
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I know you don't have your parent's birth certificate, but do you have any early addresses for him? If you could find the family on an electoral roll, that should give the forenames of the woman who brought him up.
Thanks for that Phoenix - but unfortunately, the earliest address I have is when my parent was 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
The lady with the dog doesn't look like the 'Beatrice' in the pic with the little girl ~ nor the other one (not shown on this thread) with the baby

Here's a close-up of woman with dog
Ooh thank you for that Rachel - now I can see now she that the lady with the dog doesn't look like that Beatrice - in which case I think she could quite possibly be the other Beatrice - Beatrice Winifred lived with her sister-in-law, also Beatrice - they were both called Beatrice Webb To make matters more confusing, Beatrice no 2 had a sister called Beattie!
Old 06-05-10, 10:12

What about school records? If they survive, they would show an address. Or street directories/telephone directories?
Old 07-05-10, 06:43
Muggins in Sussex

Thanks Phoenix - I think I will need to take a trip to Cheshire Records Office one day!