Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 05-03-19, 16:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
Well either that or as more people have their DNA done it is re-ordering the list as they are added by the amount of DNA/segment match. I can't think of any other reason why it happens but yes I have noticed it too.
Maggie, the matches that I was talking about which appeared in between some that I had been working on, were not marked as new, so I don't think it was that. Though I suppose if there is a glitch where previously-viewed matches are being marked as new, there could also be some new records not being flagged. I do hope not!

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 06-03-19, 00:38

Just an idea here for everyone with totally unidentifiable US matches. I've now created a colour group titled US origins, so I can stick all US based matches with poor or no trees or no easy way of determining the relationship into a labelled too hard basket. I might create a too hard basket too, depending on what colours I have left.
Old 06-03-19, 00:48

I just wish I had ThruLines. My tree is complete enough and accurate enough to be allowed to join in. It's just not working for me.
Old 07-03-19, 16:54
Administrator

Ooh, the group selection dropdown menu is showing me how many in each group now, plus how many matches in total (29,080 - that's a lot of scrolling to do!) and how many close, distant, new, etc. And I think the search box has moved so it's easier to find. I guess they have been reading the feedback.

Old 07-03-19, 18:20
maggie_4_7

Well for some reason I have lost Thrulines it is back to DNA circles!!

Actually none of it is working can't get into DNA matches at all.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 07-03-19 at 18:33.
Old 07-03-19, 18:44
Administrator

That happened to me the other day, Maggie. I made a thread about it, but by the time I had posted the thread, it was working again. Toni said it had happened to her the day before.

Old 07-03-19, 18:49
maggie_4_7

I think it is because they keeping updating it.

I cleared out all my browsing data and cookies and now its back.

Toni, perhaps if you do a clean up and clear out of the cookies for Ancestry you might get the new lab features perhaps. Is it only Thrulines you haven't got?
Old 08-03-19, 03:59

I don't have ThruLines or common ancestors Maggie. I emailed ancestry about it and the girl suggested it might be because I have not put a name on my tree for my Dad or his parents. I have changed it slightly so they now have surnames, which would have been easy to work out anyway but no other details. If in a few days nothing has changed I'll try deleting cookies and see if that improves anything.

I'm quite wary after reading on FB a woman who contacted a DNA match had the match respond that they shared the same birthday, even though the woman was listed as living on her tree and so her details should not have been visible.

Hopefully once the testing is finished the ThruLines will work for any 3-4 generations on a tree, not just starting from the home person.

Last edited by Kit; 09-03-19 at 04:04.
Old 08-03-19, 07:17

It is all very odd. One DNA match has a twiglet tree, but when you click on it, it's an oak tree. So how are some bits visible, and others not?
Old 09-03-19, 04:06

No idea.

I randomly get the number 1 next to the extras tab, like there is something new, but nothing has changed.

I also get all the error messages appear regularly as a flash before the next one appears and then it all loads.

There was something new today but I was too slow to make it out. I think as they keep updating their program odd things happen to us.