Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 14-08-16, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Or was it gentlemuse you were trying to contact, Michael? In which case the same applies.

I just made comment which wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, to see what kind of reply I might receive.The Dennis/Vine side of my tree come from the South east of England(Essex, Kent) where Rosa McNair relocated having married my great grandfather Reverend Francis T Vine.I have some distant McNair cousins living not too far from me, although we have never met
Old 05-09-21, 10:30

There is an eBook by the name of mcNair, mcNear, and mcnear geneologies which has lists of family members pertaining to particular family trees one of which i belong to myself as did Robert McNair and Jean Holmes
The lists were complied by James Birtley Mcnair
Old 05-09-21, 23:19

Jean McNair (Robert[4]2Duncan[i]1) wasbap¬ tized in Glasgow January 30, 1737. She was married to James Steedman, who seems to have been unsatisfactory and left her a widow at an early age. She died in 1786 of pulmonary tuberculosis and was buried in the High Kirkyard in Glasgow June 4, 1786, aged 30.50 She had a small grocery business; and John Swanston, the grocer, was appointed to wind it up
as principal creditor, she dying intestate.51 She seems to have owed Swanston £35-17/-, and after paying rent and funeral expenses, he realized only £6-4/9 from the sale of her effects. Apparently her nephews, who were men of means, did little for her.
Old 08-09-21, 01:19

I have a minor connection to the Macnairs - Mary Jane Hirschfield married Alexander Hill Macnair.