Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History News and Information

Old 09-01-20, 23:07

I got 3 out of 13 wills last night my time, that were due Christmas Day so not too late. Hopefully the rest will come soon.

They couldn't find one will as they said I did not provide the hand written folio number on the order form. Double checking last night, there was no folio number. The will had gone through probate twice though and the first time did have a folio number so I have provided all those details and hope they will give me the will without repaying for it. I think they have stored both items on the one file but that is not my fault.
Old 16-01-20, 10:51

Curiosity question - how do you think they process the orders? I ordered 13. I received 3 and one not found the first day and one nearly every work day after that. Are they doing other work and complete orders in their spare time or are certain people doing them and they do certain time frames, hence the haphazard deliveries?

I would guess that more than one person is doing them as my order is not being completed in any sort of order either date or list order.