Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 01-05-11, 11:44
Administrator

Then Richard Custins(?) Scott baptised 29 May 1786, born 28 May 1786, parents Hosea and Lydia, mother's maiden name Jermy. Going back to look at George Jermy Scott, I think it says Hosea for his father's name. Hosea Scott married Lydia Jermy 28 Jan 1778 at Yarmouth St Nicholas. There is a Richard Hosea Scott baptism 2 Nov 1778, parents Hosea and Lydia, and a James Scott baptism 7 Jun 1778, parents Charles and Lydia, so I don't think Charles and Hosea are the same person.

But anyway, it doesn't look as though George Jermy Scott's father was called John after all so this whole Yarmouth thing could be a red herring.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 01-05-11, 12:08
borobabs

It is quite confussing as that was the only one with parents John and Lydia as the parents , but no Ann or Mary Ann well none in 10yr time frame of freereg I sat and clicked on everyone of them , I was going to check on the Parish search part of the beta site today Kate but looks like were going out for the day now ,,so if I dont get back till tonight Im sorry dear ;;
Old 01-05-11, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Then Richard Custins(?) Scott baptised 29 May 1786, born 28 May 1786, parents Hosea and Lydia, mother's maiden name Jermy. Going back to look at George Jermy Scott, I think it says Hosea for his father's name. Hosea Scott married Lydia Jermy 28 Jan 1778 at Yarmouth St Nicholas. There is a Richard Hosea Scott baptism 2 Nov 1778, parents Hosea and Lydia, and a James Scott baptism 7 Jun 1778, parents Charles and Lydia, so I don't think Charles and Hosea are the same person.

But anyway, it doesn't look as though George Jermy Scott's father was called John after all so this whole Yarmouth thing could be a red herring.
Well that proves don't assume that Jermy is Jeremy.

*slaps own wrist*

Tags
to3g24