Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 27-08-15, 23:58

You have probably seen this but putting it up just in case, on Google Books there is the 'County Genealogies Pedigrees of the Families in the County of Sussex' by William Berry, page 286 has 'Ann (Hussey) living 26 Eliz' as the wife of 'Samuel Norden, of co. Sussex, Clerk' as the parents of 'Nathaniel Norden, of Lewes co. Sussex', which could explain where the information on Ann's surname came from.
Also British History Online for the parish of Cuckfield has some information for the surnames Norden and Hussey.
Regards
Old 28-08-15, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
"The Keep" is one of the scariest websites I have ever seen!

Maybe I'll get on better if I look at it tomorrow...

You need to search the online catalogue:

http://www.thekeep.info/collections/advancedsearch
Old 28-08-15, 07:45
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Maid View Post
You have probably seen this but putting it up just in case, on Google Books there is the 'County Genealogies Pedigrees of the Families in the County of Sussex' by William Berry, page 286 has 'Ann (Hussey) living 26 Eliz' as the wife of 'Samuel Norden, of co. Sussex, Clerk' as the parents of 'Nathaniel Norden, of Lewes co. Sussex', which could explain where the information on Ann's surname came from.
Also British History Online for the parish of Cuckfield has some information for the surnames Norden and Hussey.
Regards
Thanks! That looks very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary from Italy View Post
You need to search the online catalogue:

http://www.thekeep.info/collections/advancedsearch
Thanks, Mary. I did figure that part out last night, but all the wills that I looked at said they "couldn't be ordered" although there was an "Add to wishlist" button which I wasn't sure about. There must be a way of ordering copies somehow, which is what I was going to try to find out today.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 28-08-15, 08:13

Re ordering copies
The way I have done this (there may be a quicker way but this works) is -
main page - 'services' - copying and digitising services - 'contact us' (send an email request for the items to be reproduced, you need a quote before submitting an order) -
Once you get a quote for the items, usually a couple of days, the reproduction form can be completed, signed and submitted by email, payment can be made by phone and the order should be sent via email within 2 weeks.
Hope this helps
Regards
Old 28-08-15, 09:06

Quote:
Regards
Nathaniell's bapt was 2 Feb 1588/89 at Hamsey "borne about 5 of the clocks in the morning 20th Jan" and there are other Norden/Norton bapts, let me know if you need the rest.

Last edited by Jill; 28-08-15 at 09:07. Reason: two lls in Nathaniell
Old 28-08-15, 09:25
Administrator

Thanks very much, Sussex Maid and Jill.

Old 28-08-15, 12:12

I wonder if "living 26 Elizabeth" implies a heralds' visitation in that year? For either Hussey or Norden families?
Old 28-08-15, 12:23
Administrator

Quote:
Regards
Ooh, it has a whole tree of the Husseys! This could keep me busy for quite some time! Thanks again.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...norden&f=false

Edit - already found quite a few mistakes in the Hussey trees in that book. Also, I found John Hussey's will on ancestry, in the PCC wills as John Huss of Cokfeld, Sussex, 6 Mar 1572.

Old 01-09-15, 22:06
Administrator

I found the will of Henry Hussey, gent, of Battersey, proved 30 May 1611, which mentions his nephews Thomas Hussey and Thomas Norden, and also the will of John Hussey of Cuckfield proved 6 Mar 1572 mentions son Henry and daughter Anne, so these together confirm that Anne Norden was nee Hussey.