Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 27-02-19, 18:18

Default FMP Community

I have received an invitation from FMP to join their community:

"We’re starting an exciting new Findmypast community for our most active members and we've chosen you to be one of the first to join. As well as sharing site feature previews, insider industry news and exclusive event news, we also want to give you the opportunity to share your expertise and discoveries with those just starting their own family history journeys.

This is a brand new initiative with a huge amount of future potential. I’m really just getting in touch now to see if you’d like to hear more as our community plans develop over the coming weeks. If so, please send an email to register your interest."

Has anyone else had this?
Old 01-03-19, 00:33

No.
Old 08-03-19, 19:20
Administrator

I've just seen this on their Facebook page, from 25th Feb (I don't check their page that often!)

We're starting a new Findmypast community and if you're seeing this post we'd love you to join. Interested in exclusive content, sneak peeks at upcoming features, inside information from the world's leading genealogists, and much more (all for free)?

Email [email protected] now to register your interest.

If they are opening it to anyone who emails them, I don't know why they couldn't email everyone who is registered with them to tell them about it instead of only a few? (I didn't get an email.) Have emailed them.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 09-03-19, 05:01

Let us know if joining the community is worthwhile please.
Old 09-03-19, 08:50

I haven't heard anything more yet, Toni, but I'll let you know about further developments.
Old 08-10-19, 20:02
Administrator

Did you ever hear any more about this, Elizabeth? I've just noticed a group on Facebook called The Findmypast Forum and joined it, and it seems to be actually run by Findmypast, so I wondered whether it is the same thing as the community?

Old 08-10-19, 21:20

I didn't hear anything for ages (in fact I e-mailed them asking what was happening). Then, 3 weeks ago, I got the following e-mail:

"Hi Elizabeth,

I hope you don’t mind me reaching out to you - my name is Ellie and I’ve taken over from Max in all things social media and community for Findmypast.

A few months ago, Max got in touch via email and asked if you wanted to part of our new community. You may have seen we have a new Facebook group, but I’m reaching out to you now as you’ve been identified as a keen user of Findmypast with a wealth of knowledge and experience, from which we would love your input on certain aspects of the website and what it offers.

If you have the time, I would be very appreciative if you would consider completing this survey, regarding your discoveries in the 1939 Register (in line with its 80th anniversary) and your experience of the site in the last month. This feedback would be passed onto our developers, and may also be used in a future community newsletter, and with your permission, for testimonials.

You may have heard that we’re going to be attending Roots Tech London in October. If you’re planning on attending, would you mind filling in this short form?

We’d love to meet you at our booth. I hope to be in touch with further information closer to the time.

Find out more about Roots Tech
Finally, if you’d like to join the Facebook Group, just click here and you will be redirected to the right page.

Thank you for your time!

All the best,

Ellie | Senior Community Executive

[email protected]"
Old 08-10-19, 21:22

I have joined the Facebook group, too, but I don't think it is exclusively for Community members.
Old 08-10-19, 23:20
Administrator

Thanks for the info, Elizabeth.