Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 15-06-15, 15:56
Administrator

I think it's all very likely. The further we go without finding anything more on the potential existence of another couple alongside Isaac and Sarah who might be the parents of William who married Harriet Birch, the more likely it is that Sarah and Isaac are the parents of all the Headlands we have found for that time period.

We worried about Sarah saying she had two living children with Isaac. We don't seem to be worrying about her living daughter, Ann (bap Rickmansworth) who married Richard Castell in 1808. Richard Castell turned up at one of the later marriages, didn't he? EDIT Wm Headland to Harriet Birch in 1811.

I thought I'd found Ann Castell nee Headland dying in St Pancras in 1855 (right age) but when I found her on the 1851 census she was b in Surrey. However, she was in an institution so the info might not have been accurate. I've found nothing on Richard or any children for them.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 15-06-15, 16:07

Well, I must admit it did cross my mind at some point in the hectic events of the last few

days, but I failed to do anything about it. Yet another worry, I fear. I've been wondering

if Sarah could have answered a question by giving the names of only the two who were

living with her, but I'm probably trying to make things fit.
Old 15-06-15, 16:30
Administrator

Well I think it's 98% likely her dau Ann is the one who married Richard Castell, so I think Sarah's answer must have referred to the children she was supporting only. William may have been apprenticed and Ann may have been a servant.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 15-06-15, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Well I think it's 98% likely her dau Ann is the one who married Richard Castell, so I think Sarah's answer must have referred to the children she was supporting only. William may have been apprenticed and Ann may have been a servant.
That's what I thought - and hoped! Think I'll allow myself to get a bit more

excited.

Love that there's a pub in the mix. Apparently my first words were "Beer,

Daddy, beer!" as my parents enjoyed an al fresco drink at the Swan in

Lawshall, Suffolk on a visit to my gran. Father delighted, mother appalled.
Old 15-06-15, 17:14
Administrator

Quote:
Father delighted, mother appalled.
lol!!

Old 15-06-15, 19:43
Administrator

When Harriet Trenley married James Birch in 1787 the ceremony tool place at St Giles without Cripplegate and Harriet was 'of this parish'. One of the witnesses was Mary Trenley.

When the elusive Mary Trenley married 10 years later (to Wm Hill) at St Botolph Aldgate, she was of the parish of St Giles Cripplegate.

This isn't new info, but thought it warranted being written in the same post.

Old 15-06-15, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
When Harriet Trenley married James Birch in 1787 the ceremony tool place at St Giles without Cripplegate and Harriet was 'of this parish'. One of the witnesses was Mary Trenley.

When the elusive Mary Trenley married 10 years later (to Wm Hill) at St Botolph Aldgate, she was of the parish of St Giles Cripplegate.

This isn't new info, but thought it warranted being written in the same post.
Thanks Merry. Never come across the name Trenley before Sarah was

identified early on in this thread, but Denham area seems to have been full of

them.

6xggparents! So excited about that!
Old 15-06-15, 20:46
Administrator

We have a burial for a baby son of Isaac and Sarah Headland at Denham - John in 1781. There are some other Headland burials at Denham and I wonder if any/all of them might be children of the same couple - no parents names mentioned, so they could be any age:

Edward Headland bur 4 Oct 1784
Harriot Headland bur 13 May 1784
Mary Headland bur 29 Nov 1786
George Headland bur 28 Sep 1789
Edw. D Headland bur 28 Aug 1791
Elizabeth Headland bur 19 Aug 1793

Old 15-06-15, 21:24
Administrator

If you type Tr?nl*y B*ch into Ancestry there are a lot of entries, many seem to have a trail back to Uxbridge and presumably back to James Birch and Harriet Trenley .

Old 16-06-15, 06:40
Administrator

Their are marriage allegation images on ancestry for John Trenley to Sarah Newman (m 1753) and Ann Trenley to Owen Jones (m 1746) giving their parishes and ages. Don't know if I mentioned that Ann before? She is sister to John T and they are the children of Edward T and Ann Wilkinson of Denham.