Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 30-10-20, 05:01

Hi , We are trying to find a birth of Isacc eccleston born approx 1843 . There is a birth that could fit , of a isacc born in freckleton Preston . but that isacc was from a Quaker family Who were quite Wealthy . were a lot of our ecclestons are miners and can't write . So the tree owner of the clan says she don't think that the Isacc can be the right one . Any ideas , i've searched on family but to no avail . the library services are limited at the moment so can't search on ancestry . any help would be greatly received . Hope you are all well and keeping safe
Old 30-10-20, 05:35

The mother and father in the Freckleton birth is rebecca weaver and William Eccleston .
Old 30-10-20, 06:53
Administrator

You haven't said where he was supposed to be born or anything else about him!

Have you got him on a census? Did he marry and if so when and where? Do you know when he died or anything about any of his children? Anything else?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 30-10-20, 06:57
Administrator

Also, what records have you dismissed because they belong to the Wm and Rebecca Eccleston family?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 30-10-20, 07:07
Administrator

I've just looked for the William Eccleston and Rebecca Weaver family to try and work out which Isaac I needed to avoid, and discovered their son was born in 1743 not 1843. So, I definitely need to know a bit more about who you are looking for!!

Old 30-10-20, 11:21

Isaac is known of primarily through the christening records of his children. He was a labourer. He married Ann Naylor April 4th 1763 at St Oswald's, Winwick (Anglican). They had six children between 1764 and 1778. The second was christened at St Oswald's, and the christening record tells us they were living at Newton in Makerfield. The third was christened in 1768 at St Peter's in Newton in Makerfield. The fourth (in 1771) was christened at St Michael's in Burtonwood, but the family was still living in Newton in Makerfield. The fifth child (in 1775) was christened at St Helens Chapel, so probably the family had moved to St Helens between 1771 and 1775.
Old 30-10-20, 11:27

sorry should have put this first I was in a hurry this morning someone has added rebecca weaver and william as isacc s parent from Freckleton on the wiki tree site . but the original owner of the clan eccleston says she dos not think they are the parents as they were quakers and quite wealthy . she said they could write . so she is dubious about these being the parents of a lowly miner who marked his name with an X i did understood her logic .
Old 30-10-20, 11:29

Isaac is highly unlikely to be the son of William Eccleston and Rebecca (Weaver) Eccleston, who was born in Freckleton in 1743. The latter was from a middle-class Quaker family, and was a successful businessman based in Antigua in the early 1780s[1] whereas the subject of this profile was unable to sign his own name in his marriage record, and had sons who held working-class jobs - collier, labourer, engineer; and he was described in his wife's burial record and son Thomas' christening record as a labourer.

The merchant Isaac may have had a wife Sarah and a daughter Sarah - there was a memorial in the church of St John's erected in 1792 to a Sarah Kelsick, wife of John Kelsick, a merchant in Antigua, who died March 20th 1785 in the 19th year of her age; and she was the only daughter of Isaac and Sarah Eccleston.[2]
Old 30-10-20, 11:56

there is a isacc eccleston born 1743 to a william and and rebekah eccleston born Hartshaw , but i think it should be hardshaw a part of st. helens
Old 30-10-20, 11:58
Administrator

There were a lot of variations in spelling of place names in those days.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update