Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 29-03-12, 19:36

No problem, Val. Might not be going in until after Easter now though, so bear with me!

Old 29-03-12, 22:41

No rush Sabrina, the school holidays start today so we shall be minding the grandies for the next few weeks and FH will be going on the backburner for a while.

I shall be very grateful for whenever you manage to get there. Many thanks
Old 18-04-12, 17:28

I found the Marriage Allegations at Gloucester Archives, for both Frances' marriages:

1st one dated 22 August 1826
Thomas Gurner of Stroud, batchelor, Victualler of 21 years and upwards intends to marry Frances Weston of Stroud, spinster of 21 years and upwards at the parish church in Stroud. Signed Thomas Gurner.

2nd one dated 28 Jan 1834
George Holford of Rodborough, bachelor, 21 years upwards to marry Frances Gurner of Stroud, 21 years upwards, widow. To take place at Rodborough. Signed George Holford.

On the Glos Burial Index:
4 March 1833, Thomas Gurner, aged 28, of Stroud, buried at Minchinhampton Rodborough Tabernacle Methodist Chapel
3 May 1838, George Holford, aged 44, Stroud Old Chapel Congregational.

I couldn't see a Frances Holford on the burial index, so I wonder if she may have remarried.

And here is the transcript of George' Will:
I George Holford of Stroud in the County of Gloucester Printer and Licensed Victualler Do hereby make my last Will and Testament I give devise and bequeath unto my wife Frances Holford All that Messuage Tenement or Dwellinghouse with the shop and appurtenances thereunto belonging situate in the Westgate Street of the City of Gloucester and in the County of the same city in the occupation of C W Lovesy my tenant and all and singular other my real estate whatsoever and wheresoever situate And also all and singular my household goods and furniture linen china chattels personal estate and effects which I may be possessed of at the time of my decease To hold as to my said Messuage real estate and hereditaments to and to the use of my said Wife her heirs and assigns forever and To hold as to my said personal estate and effects to my said wife her executors administrators and assigns to and for her and their own use and benefit subject nevertheless And I do hereby charge my said real and personal estate with the payment of all my just debts which may be due and owing by me at the time of m decease I nominate constitute and appoint my said wife and John Gallop of Stroud aforesaid accountant executrix and executor of this my Will In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this twelfth day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty eight
Signed George Holford
Witness to the signature by said Testator in the presence of us
David Smith Manager of the Gas Works
John Holland Grocer

The 12th June 1838
On which day appeared personally Frances Holford of Stroud in the County of Gloucester widow and John Gallop of the same place accountant and alleged upon oath that the foregoing paperwriting contains the last Will and Testament of George Holford late of the same place Victualler and Printer deceased who died on the second day of May 1838 leaving goods chattels and credits wholly within the Diocese of Gloucester and Bristol under the value of one hundred pounds. That they are the joint executors therein named That they will well and faithfully perform the same and enter an inventory and account. Wherefore they prayed probate

Tags
to4g34