Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 4xGreat-Grandparent

Old 09-03-12, 08:48
Administrator

Default Elizabeth Freemantle

Name - "official" name and what they were known as Elizabeth Freemantle
Date and place of birth 10 Feb 1777 Horsleydown, London / Surrey
Names of parents Francis Freemantle and Isabella nee Buie
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 9 Mar 1777 St John Horsleydown
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 31 Jul 1792 St John Horsleydown, to James Bristow. Yes, this does make her only 15 but it is definitely the right person as she is mentioned in her mother's will under her married name.
Occupation(s) - if any None
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 - Brixton Hill, Brixton, Surrey
1851 - Streatham Hill, Surrey
1859 - Brixton Hill

Date, place and cause of death 12 Apr 1859 Brixton Hill, Streatham, Surrey, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 20 Apr 1859 St Leonard's, Streatham, ceremony performed by E C Lucey, off. min., who was her grandson (full name Ebenezer Curling Lucey.)
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Will proved 15th Jul 1859 at the Principal Registry, executors were two of her grandsons Henry Lucey and Charles Lucey.

Extract: "And I declare that in making this my Will and giving all my residuary estate and property to my said granddaughter Elizabeth Lucey and in case of her decease then to her aforesaid brothers I am induced so to dispose of my property not from want of regard or affection for my two Sons but because I think that in and by the Will which my late husband made in their favour they are already amply provided for and that the portion of property given unto the children of my late deceased daughter the late wife of Mr Charles Lucey was not nearly of equal amount or value with the property given to my said two sons."

Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to son's thread:
Robert James Bristow

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update

Tags
to4g32