Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-10, 19:07

Still can't see Peter on the 1911 English census, so maybe he went back to Scotland.
Old 10-02-10, 20:00

Now I have the right birthdate, there's a birth for Peter Watson in St. Ninian's, Stirlingshire in 1871 on Scotlandspeople.
Old 11-02-10, 08:32

Just a thought - Scotlands people are giving a few free credits to people from Aus and NZ at the moment. Perhaps your cousin in Aus might like to take up the offer and do the look-ups for you?

http://www.ancestralscotland.com/roots
Old 11-02-10, 09:18
brenmac

wow thankyou all so much i cant thankyou enough i wondered why nannie was in a kilt and had dad dressed in one too.we always thought colin was grandads.she was a strict cathlick and would not divorce grandad but she had a secret love child well well well brenda xx
Old 11-02-10, 09:19
brenmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary from Italy View Post
Just a thought - Scotlands people are giving a few free credits to people from Aus and NZ at the moment. Perhaps your cousin in Aus might like to take up the offer and do the look-ups for you?

http://www.ancestralscotland.com/roots
i will ask him your all fantastic thankyou brenda xxx
Old 11-02-10, 09:24

I wonder why she and Peter didn't marry? The usual reason in those days was that one party was already married. It looks as though Peter was single in 1901; at least, he isn't living with a wife, but the Ancestry transcription doesn't give marital status.

It'll be interesting to see who he's with in 1911 when the Scottish census comes online.

Or perhaps he died before he and your Nan could marry. He must have been a decent chap, because he went with her to register Colin's birth (his name wouldn't be on the cert otherwise).
Old 11-02-10, 09:26

Bear in mind that we don't have 100% proof that the Peter Watson born in St. Ninian's in 1871 is the same one who fathered Colin, but I think it's extremely likely in view of the middle name Lennox.
Old 11-02-10, 09:53
brenmac

it all fits......lennox is not an english name.maybe he was not a catholick that was reason sometime she married grandad who left her when the 3 boys were young,colin did not look like my dad or his brother.i have been trying to find a scotish connection all the time i found out abot colin .....again thankyou.i will see if i can find any of there family for colins children.i cant beleive how all this info has come out.i cant thank you enough brenda xxxx

see my picture thats nannie naughty girl lol.
Old 11-02-10, 11:05

That's a very cute picture.

I'll have a look later to see if I can trace any of Peter's siblings forwards.
Old 11-02-10, 11:12

By the way, did you notice in the census details I PM'd you last night that it looks as if Peter's father James had two daughters, Annie and Mary, by a previous marriage, before he married Catherine? They're the grandchildren shown living with James and his mother in 1861.
Closed Thread