Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 09-02-10, 11:58

Blinky flip, Elizabeth. Mum got married at Shalford. Most of her family were incomers, but I have connections with the area back to the 1720s (and probably further were the records better!)
Old 09-02-10, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Blinky flip, Elizabeth. Mum got married at Shalford. Most of her family were incomers, but I have connections with the area back to the 1720s (and probably further were the records better!)
Wow, Phoenix! My mum and dad married there in 1943, my sister in 1971 and OH and I in 1976! My gran lived in the Great Quarry which is theoretically Guildford but Shalford was their local church and when my gran was old and immobile the vicar used to come to her house to give her communiion!

My Whites came from Guildford (Gran's maiden name was White) and her grandparents had W.E. White & Son in the High Street and another shop in North Street. It started as a drapers. It's where M&S is now. (sold in the 1960s)
Old 09-02-10, 12:30

Wow, indeed! I found a forgotten photo album, full of mum's friends getting married in Shalford Church, mostly to men in uniform.

Mum lived in Florida Road, near the station in a police house. My grandfather was a policeman, with a desk job in Godalming.