Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > DNA Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-19, 08:14
Administrator

Quote:
Thrulines says Susannah's father is William Speight. There is a Richard Simpson who married a Susananh Speight in 1812 at Campsall York, according to familysearch. This couple, according to FMP, had children Elizabeth 1816, John 1819, Sarah 1821, William 1823, Richard 1826, Maria 1828 and James 1830 all bapt Arksey. That Richard was alive on the 1841 and 1851 census. That Richard is conveniently also a cordwainer.
On the 1851 census this Susannah says she was born about 1789 in Clayton in the Clay, Yorks.

There's a baptism on FMP at Frickley with Clayton for a Susana Spight (sic) in 1788 and one for a Matthew Speight the following year, both with father William.

I'm not 100% sure Clayton in the Clay and Frickley with Clayton are the same place, but they probably are. I would also suggest you double check the dates of the baptisms as there were several versions of each of them and the dates seemed to vary between 1788 and 1789, making me confused as to whether they are siblings or not (the dates of birth are included on some of the baptism records).

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010