Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 01-05-22, 06:52

hi merry , I was trying to find the birth of James robinson from these post but was put off by him having such a common name . but i though I would check the Bolton St. peter's OLPR this morning . And there wasn't a lot of robinson births in 1825 . but found a james robinson father richard mother Nancy , 22nd of may . It may be a long shot . i don't think we ever saw his fathers name . as the marriage to jane Hale was at our lady and st nicholas in liverpool and the records are not online after a certain date . The only link is he named his son Richard . what's your thoughts ?
Old 01-05-22, 06:56

it does say great bolton , on a previous thread were james was born and st. peter's comes under Great Bolton .
Old 01-05-22, 07:29
Administrator

Luckily, rather than reading this thread back and getting to grips with who these people are, I just did a Search (the button just under Private Messages, top right) for Robinson Hale marriage and that gave me this post:

http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/F...8&postcount=12

So, you already had the details for Jane from the marriage entry image.

The groom's details are:

James Robinson, full, bachelor, tailor, Rose Hill, Richard Robinson, joiner.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 01-05-22, 07:50

sorry merry i'm not very good , i haven't a subscription for ancestry so coundnt check that . . i can't find that old post as i knew there was one mentioning the marriage .when i check messages and old posts it only comes up with the last ten posts and i can't see any old messages and i know i haven't deleted any ? But the birth record could be him so that's a plus . also on the birth reg it's states father cabinet maker which is a joiner .so that's a plus . thanks merry
Old 01-05-22, 08:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwackers View Post
sorry merry i'm not very good , i haven't a subscription for ancestry so coundnt check that .
I know you don't have a sub!

Quote:
i can't find that old post as i knew there was one mentioning the marriage .
You just need to use the search box. Only include words you know must be in the post you are looking for and no words four letters or less.

Quote:
when i check messages and old posts it only comes up with the last ten posts and i can't see any old messages and i know i haven't deleted any ?
When I click your name and then the third option, Find all posts by Qwackers, I'm shown your last 500 posts (perhaps you are only looking at the first page of results when you say 10 posts?). However it's not you who would be posting the marriage details anyway, but whoever was helping you. You need to use the search facility to find other people's posts more quickly.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 01-05-22, 08:37

thanks merry i'll have a look again
Old 01-05-22, 08:53

I can't seem to get all my private messages up it says i've got 25 but only shows 11 i've tried changing the dates to see if they will come up but no that doesn't work ..?
Old 01-05-22, 09:01
Administrator

Private messages are those you send and receive between you and other individual members of the forum. They are not the posts on the message boards.

If you want to see your own message board posts, click your name and under that (3rd option), click 'Find all posts by Qwackers'. This will show you your last 500 posts. If you want something before that you will have to use the search box at the top right. I would use search anyway - very often it wouldn't be your own post you need.

Old 01-05-22, 09:03
Administrator

And as for your number of Private messages - Is 25 the total number and 11 the number in your Inbox? You need to switch to Sent Items to see the others (where it says Jump to Folder).

Old 01-05-22, 09:19

thanks merry will do , Couldi ask you a favour as you know i haven't got a sub for ancestry . and i have been having a look for a marriage for richard robinson and a nancy , james robinsons parents . have looked at a lot of the Bolton OLPC abut as yet haven't found them . obviously they may not have been married in Bolton . i did a search on ancestry . again it doesn't show me all the texts but there was about three marriages around the 1816/1825 mark with A nancy , Flitcroft , hargreaves , and guy , there may be more but i can't see them . if you get the chance could you check for me . as i have also so tried FS but it comes up with the wrong things each time . ? thanks