Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 09-05-11, 14:14

Richard left Sarah everything:

"I Richard Powell of the Town of Neath in the County of Glamorgan Gentleman Do hereby make this my last Will in manner following I give and bequeath all and singular my personal Estate whatsoever unto my dear and loving Wife Sarah her Executors and Administrators and I do hereby nominate and appoint my said dear Wife sole Executrix of this my last Will In Witness whereof I have hereunto put my Hand and Seal the twentieth day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred forty and seven – Richard Powell – Signed Sealed published and declared by the said Testator in the presence of us who afterwards attested it in his presence Mer. Jenkins – Margreatt Jenkins

This Will was proved at London on the fourth day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and sixty before the Right Worshipful Edwards Sampson Doctor of Laws Master Keeper or Commissary of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted by the oath of Sarah Powell Widow the Relict of the deceased and sole Executrix named in the said Will to whom Administration was granted of all and singular the Goods Chattels and Credits of the said deceased she having been first sworn by commission only to administer

Marginal note:
On this 7th day of July 1791 Admon (with the Will annexed) of the Goods Chattels and Credits of Richard Powell late of the Town of Neath in the County of Glamorgan deced left unadmd by Sarah Powell Widow the Relict of the said Deced Sole Executrix and Universal Legatee named in the sd Will since deced was granted to William Bassett the Adstor (with the Will annexed) of the Goods unadd of the sd Sarah Powell deced having been first sworn duly to adminr"

Sarah Powell's will was much more complex and much longer.
Old 27-05-20, 14:58

Richard Powell was an attorney Andre twice under sheriff for Glamorgan.
Old 27-05-20, 15:23

Thanks! Did you get my message, Mart56?
Old 30-05-20, 04:10

Just a thought but maybe someone died and left Sarah the property after her marriage but with the stipulation it was for her use only. Not that helps you with her maiden name but if you trace the property you might find the will that left it to her.
Old 30-05-20, 08:03

Toni, this thread was started ages ago and after a while I established what had happened.

Sarah Easton married Richard Powell. Her sister Rachel was OH's 5x-great-grandmother. She married William Evans. Her parents were Thomas Easton and Rachel (Phillips).