Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History Stories

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-11, 08:06
brenmac

Thumbs up seeing my grandad for the first time at the age of 60

my grandad left my nannie with 3 young boys.my dad was one of them.i never saw grandad not even a photo.i never knew where he lived or even if he had a new family.
then on researching and with my friends on here and ftf i found a half cousin we share the same grandad.i found he lived with a lady had 3 sons to her and my cousin was one of the sons children.she started researching too.paid for research.i know my nannie never divorced grandad.
well i found he lived 30mins away and we must have passed at some stage.
i got all the information from my cousin and photo,s of my grandad.i have treasured them.what a shame we never had a relationship.he died in leeds infirmery in 1969 and yet i never knew living so close.
but thankyou to all my friends on here and ftf and my new cousin i can now be happy.
grandad
my nannie
me and my new found cousin we look alike i think.

Last edited by brenmac; 30-03-11 at 08:10.
Old 31-03-11, 12:37

Brenda, that is a wonderful outcome. FH is usually fairly remote but you have a real life tale that brought you a in contact with a family you didn't know you had. Congratulations.
Old 01-04-11, 07:23
brenmac

ammanda thankyou....all down to my friends on here and ftf.they have pieced my family almost complete which had i have to pay for the search would have cost me an arm and leg.brenda xxx
Old 06-04-11, 11:48

That's great Brenda.
Old 12-04-11, 15:59
brenmac

i also met my hubbies rellie i found in 2002 and she came to london last week and came for the day another,they were from florida. mccartie lol...

brenda xxx
Closed Thread