Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-10, 17:00

Brenda, The only Holders listed in Taynton are the five I mentioned. It's easy to do your own search if you follow Kite's link. Maybe the will wasn't proved in Gloucester, in which case it won't be on their database.

The wills that are on the database are all on microfiche at the Archives, so they may be able to copy them for you, but if the wills are long it might work out quite expensive. It might be worth ringing up to check.

scuda
Old 24-01-10, 17:02
brenmac

i have a name william holder in a deed dated 1614,but its in some papers i have.will of john holder elder of churcham april 24th 1538.roger 1563 church warden in court,1575 in a petition to a lord bughley on images in the church.is there anyway of seeing these? brenda xxx
Old 24-01-10, 17:12
brenmac

hope you can read it.i got it from glouester records office when i went for a day 4 years ago.i have been trying to connect my holders to them.brenda xxx
Old 24-01-10, 17:19

Brenda, Have you seen this? http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q...aynton&f=false

Hope the link works, you need to start on page 97.

scuda
Old 24-01-10, 17:43
brenmac

Thankyou,i tried to print it of but i cant i have saved to my fav many many thanks brenda xxx
Closed Thread