Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > DNA Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-02-19, 14:28

Default My DNA Results - baffled

I have been looking at my DNA results for over two years now and I’m still confused.

I have two second cousins. One I know, the other is a complete mystery. For the record, all my great grandparents are accounted for and none of the names in the second cousin’s tree appear in mine.

I have one third cousin, who is matched with the mysterious second cousin, so she’s a mystery as well. I tried to do the colours thing, but it doesn’t seem to work because I don’t have enough ‘close’ matches.

I then have about 26 pages of fourth cousins and distant cousins and only about six show a link that I can understand. There are a couple of Bodycotes in the US, some Bradburys, an Allen and a Smith. There are however a chunk of matches that also match with the mysterious second and third cousins. Where they have bothered to upload anything like a proper tree, they all have the same marriage showing. This is a marriage in the mid 19th century, in a place where none of my known relatives lived, between two people whose names don’t appear in my tree.

I just can’t get my head round this at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could start to try to unravel it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Anstey Nomad; 01-10-19 at 10:51.