Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > DNA Questions

Old 01-08-23, 15:26

Default DNA update

When I opened my sister's DNA matches this morning I had a message saying that some of her Unassigned Matches had been labelled, click here for info. Hurrah!
I clicked and all it tell me is that 1,902 have been labelled but no way of knowing which ones Her Unassigned matches are now headed Updated Jul 2023. Has anyone else had an update and can you find a way to work out who the newly labelled matches are?
My matches have not been updated so it seems to be a hit and miss.
Old 01-08-23, 15:32

How annoying! Mine are still showing as last updated in January.
Old 01-08-23, 17:29

I've just noticed her "Both Sides" matches have increased from 3 to 26 so it would seem that the newly labelled matches have been incorporated into the relevant sections.

Mine were last updated in Nov 2022 which was when they introduced the different labels.
Old 02-08-23, 21:59

Yes, I now hav 33 people who match me on both sides and I cannot work out where any of them match.
Old 03-08-23, 08:48

Yes me too. 44 matches to both sides - aside from my 2 daughters and niece, the others are really small (10cM and under), so I guess they could be those pesky matches because of close location, if you know what i mean - most of them don't have any trees, so they will not be investigated at this time. A couple of my still unassigned ones I found shared matches for and was able to assign them to one parent or the other. Again, really small cM matches.
Old 03-08-23, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquette View Post
Yes me too. 44 matches to both sides - aside from my 2 daughters and niece, the others are really small (10cM and under), so I guess they could be those pesky matches because of close location, if you know what i mean - most of them don't have any trees, so they will not be investigated at this time. A couple of my still unassigned ones I found shared matches for and was able to assign them to one parent or the other. Again, really small cM matches.
Most of mine are distant. One is fairly close and we cannot work out how. I know how she fits on my mother’s side. As for my father’s side, no idea.
Old 04-08-23, 09:58

My matches have now been updated.

After my sister's update I made a note of how many matches I had on maternal, paternal and both so that could at least have a vague idea of where the newly labelled might be. The number given by Ancestry is 1,554 newly labelled matches. By my calculations I make it 1,122. I suspect the other 400 maybe in my "hidden" matches!

My both sides matches have increased by 21 but still do not include the one "both sides" match that I had identified myself
Old 29-12-23, 18:48
Administrator

I just noticed that mine were updated this month (Dec 2023) and I now have 21,164 paternal, 21,229 maternal, 110 both sides and only 513 unassigned. Much better than it was before.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 29-12-23, 19:57

Yes, my cousin's unassigned matches look as if they may have gone down. Only 12,990 now. Including sib.
Old 31-12-23, 11:47

Not much change to mine, though it says it was updated Dec 23 - less than 1300 assigned altogether, over 13,000 unassigned (including first cousins).