Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 06-04-12, 18:37
Administrator

Maybe we need the Heanor (Derbyshire) baptisms then.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 06-04-12, 18:54
borobabs

Pass wll have a look but still couldnt find Mary one any thin but somewhere with O in title LDS isnt opening for me
Old 06-04-12, 18:57
borobabs

This is what Im getting on there site

We are unable to display search results due to technical difficulties. Please try searching again in a few minutes.
Old 11-04-12, 14:01
Administrator

I've had a look at Nottinghamshire Archives and got the witnesses' names from some other Wyld marriages at Eastwood:

17 Dec 1804 Charles Wilkinson of Greasley married Lydia Wyld of Eastwood, witnesses Joseph Wyld and Martha Grundy.

13 Apr 1806 Joseph Wyld married Priscilla Limb, both of Eastwood, witnesses Vincent Wyld and Elizth Turner.

I had a look at the Eastwood baptisms and couldn't find any of them but there was a John Wylde baptised 19 Jan 1794, parents Joseph and Hannah.

The card index for removal orders has the following entry:
Hannah Wilde widow, removal order 16 Oct 1815 (QSM/1/37 Nottm) from Eastwood to Codnor, parish of Heanor, Derbyshire, upon appeal respited. 8 Jan 1816 No party appearing at this session it was ordered that the appeal be discharged.

So you definitely need to look at Heanor in Derbyshire for Mary's baptism (and Codnor if there are any separate baptisms for it.) Unfortunately Nottinghamshire Archives don't have Heanor baptisms but they do have a marriage index and Joseph Wyld of Alfreton married Lydia Fletcher of Heanor 28 Mar 1780. Could well be connected since there is a Joseph (or more than one?) and a Lydia among the Eastwood lot. In which case I suppose you need to look at Alfreton as well for Mary's baptism.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 11-04-12, 14:57
borobabs

Wow Kate thanks very much for looking and for the info , will have to go searching see if I can find any baptisms online or else its order some discs to trawl though ;;; (((hugs))) your a good un ;;

Last edited by borobabs; 26-04-12 at 02:04.

Tags
to3g26