Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 2xGreat-Grandparent

Old 12-04-10, 12:29

Default Walter King (MMFF)

Name - Walter King

Date and place of birth: 8th Sept 1850 at Parkgate, Almondbury, Yorks.

Names of parents: James King and Ann Haigh (or Hague)

Date and place of baptism: not yet found

Details of each of his or her marriages:
He stated he was married twice but I have found nothing to say he married either 'wife'. He first stated he married Elizabeth Wilson 1878c and they had a son James in 1879. She had died by the 81 census and there is a burial of an Elizabeth King on the 20th March 1881 in the parish they were living in.

He then 'married' Elizabeth Rowland around 1884c and their first child, Eliza was born 1885c in Sheffield.

Occupation(s) - Steel Moulder

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK):
51 - Parkgate, Almondbury
61 - Parkgate, Almondbury
71 - 310 Brightside Lane, Sheffield. Living with sister Cora King who was head of household.
81 - 103 Alfred Road, Brightside Sheffield. Widower with son James aged 1. Both were lodging with George Wilson and family (I believe this to be Elizabeth Wilson's brother).
91 - 24 Percy Street, Neepsend, Sheffield. With second 'wife' Elizabeth and their children, Eliza & Albert. (James had died later in 1881).
01 - 3 house, Ct1, Fowler Street, Pitsmoor, Sheffield. Still with Elizabeth and their children, Albert and Ernest (not found yet what became of Eliza).

1911: 3 House, 7 Court, Newhall Street, Brightside, Sheffield. With Elizabeth and children Ernest, Lilian and William (my great grandad). Census stated they had 10 children, five alive and five dead (I have not found all ten children, only the ones from census).

Date, place and cause of death: 4th May 1923 aged 73 at 3 Court, 2 Fearnehough Street, Sheffield. Steel Moulder. Died of bronchitis.

Date and place of burial / cremation: not yet found this.

Details of will / administration of their estate - not sure if he left one but would love to purchase it if he did leave one.

Memorial inscription - unsure if one exists, will look in to this if I find where he is buried.

Tags
to2g12