Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Family History Photographs > Decades of Family History Photographs

Old 02-04-13, 08:13

My great grandfather George Washington Kilpatrick, my paternal grandfather's father.
Taken in about 1910 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.

George Washington Kilpatrick : 1859 - 1931

Not a great scan I'm afraid!

Sue at Langley Vale
Old 02-04-13, 08:40

My great grandfather Arthur Joseph Carsons, my maternal grandmother's father (back right).
Taken in Southfields, South West London in about 1910.

Arthur Joseph Carsons : 1864 - 1932

Sue at Langley Vale
Old 02-04-13, 18:22

My great-grandfather, John Milloy, crofter and parish beadle, outside the family croft in Kintyre with his wife Charlotte and daughters.

Taken about 1910.

Old 03-04-13, 01:36

Hi Julie my name is Margaret Orwin nee Hynes. I am daughter of Oliver Hynes. my grandparetns were Edith and John Driver Hynes. John Driver Hynes parents were John Hynes and Eliza Smith.
Elizas parents were Henrietta Driver and Robert Smith. details I have is that Henriettas father was Sir Ernest Driver, Baronet of Tunbridge Wells. You have fathers name as martin Driver. I wold be interested in finding out which one is correct. Eliza inherited Oak Hollow which I now understand is for sale. my grandfather John Driver Hynes had brothers Walter, Edgar, Archie, Claude, Albert and sister Lucy and William who dies aged ten. where do you fit in? my email is [email protected] if you want to contact me. regards
Old 12-04-13, 10:23
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Margaret, Welcome to the forum, the GF forum members have been an amazing help tracing our family. I will be only too happy to reply to you in detail by gmail.
However, in the meantime, if you put Driver into the Search box in the Menu bar, you will find my post about Henrietta. If you put in Baronet, you will find the search, a few years back, for the supposed Baronet Driver.
Last year, when I knew a lot more about the family I visited the Kent RO at Maidstone and I photocopied quite a few of the Smith marriages. I will track them down and forward them to you.
I know a lot of members of the Smith Hynes family. Wally and Hazel were very good friends of my parents. Dad, L. Bryant Smith, told wonderful stories about JD at Airlie Hall. I am also good friends with your cousin, Tony and Rayleen. It's a small world.
I would be really interested if you have any factual material about Baronet Driver. I grew up too with the anecdotal stories that were passed down through the family. Kind Regards. Julie
Old 02-05-13, 14:44
Administrator

Elizabeth Ann Turrell (later Edmonds) with her son Robert
1845 - 1909

Taken between 1900 and 1910

Old 15-06-13, 14:33

Default Ann Elizabeth Smith 1869-1941

Ann Elizabeth Smith 1869-1941. Burton born and bred. Married twice firstly to OH's great grandfather Vincent Stanbridge then to Frederick William Powell. Someone has been cut off the photo but you can just see an arm. Perhaps Vincent.

Old 15-06-13, 14:44

Default George Barks 1837-1905

George Barks 1837-1905. Born in Spalford, Notts and died in Balderton, Notts

George is to the right of the bride. The couple who married are Sarah Barks, his daughter and Joseph Reckless.
The photograph was taken 8 Sept 1903.

Old 06-08-13, 07:38
Administrator

This is another of my 2xg-grandmothers, Elizabeth Clark nee Sainsbury (no relation to the grocers!). Elizabeth was born in 1826 at Bratton in Wiltshire. She married George Clark in Bath in 1849. Elizabeth was considered by the family to be an expert seamstress, much to the irritation of her daughter-in-law who considered she should be the expert! Elizabeth died in 1914 in Bristol, where she had spent most of her married life.

This photo was taken about 1905. Elizabeth is the image of my aunt (her great-granddaughter, who was always told she looked like no one in the family) and they share the same birthday - 18th Dec.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 10-08-13, 17:35

I don't know who this lady is. The photograph was found amongst other belonging to my paternal grandparents.