Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One Great-Grandparent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-11-09, 15:31

Default Elizabeth Allinson

Name - Elizabeth Allinson
Names of parents - Adam Allinson and Charlotte Tate (married 9/11/1857, Hatfield, Yorkshire)
Date and place of baptism - Not Known
Details of each her marriages - She married George Wood, 25/1/1892 at Pontefract Register Office (see below)
Occupation(s) - Farm Worker in 1891
Military service - None
Addresses where they lived
1871 - Napier? Street, Ecclesall, Sheffield
1881 - Whitley, Yorkshire
1891/1901/1911 - Beal, Yorkshire
1915 - Altofts, Yorkshire

Date, place and cause of death - Not found yet!!

This lady has proved to be a bit of a mystery to me. She had my grandad, Albert Stevenson Allinson on 5/10/1888 in New Houses, Beal, Yorkshire. No father was named on the birth certificate or his marriage certificate.

His brother John Stephenson Allinson, was born on 26/8/1886 in Whitley, Yorkshire. Also no father named on his birth certificate, but on his marriage certificate 1/9/1912 in Altofts, Yorkshire his father was named as John Stephenson, Soldier, deceased. Not sure if this was his true father or just someone they made up!

I never have found the death of Elizabeth Wood (nee Allinson). I know that her son John joined the Australian Army (found all his service records online) and made his home in Australia and wondered if he took his mum overseas with him? He also appears to have had 2 wives in different countries, but that's another story

Any help on the death of this lady, my great grandmother would be gratefully appreciated.

Tags
togg3