Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 29-11-10, 08:12

Default FTF..another member /possible connection ???

Good morning....would it be wrong for me to ask for help on GF to see if myself and another member on FTF are connected???....allan
Old 29-11-10, 08:21
Administrator

No, it wouldn't be wrong, as long as you don't post anything about anyone living without their permission!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 29-11-10, 08:21
borobabs

How do you meaan Allan ???
Old 29-11-10, 08:37

Thank you both...
another member on FTF contacted me in early 2010...
Joseph Trelfa b abt 1878 registered Northwich...married Edith Ellen Dale in 1898...these are her g grandparents.....she is trying to research TRELFA....the Trelfa family are in
Over /Middlewich area which is Northwich Register office...
my 5 x g grandmother is Mary Trelfa b 1736 (babtised in St Chads ,Over ...thanks Kiterunner ...).Mary married Ralph Oakes and she died in 1808
..so this lady has asked for help researching Joseph Trelfa..there is a birth in june qtr 1877 that looks the most likely...but there is also 1870 and 1881 that are possible outsiders.....I remember some one on GF saying there were records for St Chads ,Over....I think it was Kiterunner...not sure...can someone jog my memory please....allan
OK...I have just been on the search thread...it was Kiterunner....Familysearch Record Pilot.......cheers....allan
ADDED...SORRY...just had a phone call from my daughter...got to go out ...so can we leave this until later / or tomorrow....thanks....allan...bloody kids...lol

Last edited by garstonite; 29-11-10 at 08:47.
Old 29-11-10, 09:59
borobabs

Ahh kids are lovely Allan lol if you let me know the m,embers details and your e-mail addy I will send them a message from you to contact you direct Allen when you get back of course lol
Old 29-11-10, 12:35

I`m back...we went to Crewe yesterday for a 7 week old puppy...and in his excitment my 9 year old grandson left his big winter coat in Nannies car...so Grandad had to go with the coat...don`t know why Nanny couldn`t take it...
anyway...right ...Babs..I am a member of FTF...when she contacted me 10 months ago I wasn`t sure if Mary Trelfa was DEFINITELY mine...anyway...now I am...so we are trying to establish Joeph Trelfa b c1878 registered Northwich...this covers Over /Middlewich ..where the family are from 1700`s/1800`s....going to look on familysearch record pilot.......cheers...allan
Old 29-11-10, 12:53
Administrator

Have you got Joseph Trelfa on the 1881 census, Allan? That should give you a fairly accurate year for his birth.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 29-11-10, 13:13

Thanks Kiterunner....the Joseph Trelfa I have found is the son of Samuel Trelfa b Runcorn 1857/8..the mother is Ann born 1858/9 in Middlewich
Joseph is down as born Winsford...this is the same as my Trelfa...they would have been babtised in St Chads , Over ...it was you who found my Mary Trelfa b 1735 and babtised St Chads ,Over....trying to find St Chads ,Over on Familysearch Record Pilot...is that possible ?
I have to confirm with the member on FTF that her Joseph Trelfas parents were Samuel and Ann before I can go any further back...
allan

Last edited by garstonite; 29-11-10 at 13:26.
Old 29-11-10, 13:41
Administrator

I'm afraid I can't remember anything about the Trelfas, Allan, but they used to have the Cheshire parish register images on the FamilySearch pilot site and they don't any more. But they have indexed them.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 29-11-10, 14:08

Thanks Kate...I`ve just been on FTF...and it`s 12 months since that member posted....so I fear contact has been lost.....sad, because I would have liked to have found a connection......I have sent her a PM, but I now fear she`s no longer a member......allan