Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 25-07-14, 10:30

Default Familysearch/Staffs on FMP

A few years ago, I found three baptisms on Familysearch at Tipton, Staffs of my husband's family between 1867 and 1873.

Today, I thought I would look for the same three baptisms on the Staffs baptisms on FMP as the coverage chart says that these years are online for Tipton; however, none of them show.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The parents are David & Hannah Clarke and the four children are Sarah Jane (1867), Isaac (1871) & Hannah (1873).

I've tried various spellings of all the names, and also checked the non-conformist records but nothing shows.
Old 25-07-14, 10:55
Administrator

That's weird, Claire. Looking at the FamilySearch entry for Isaac, the film number 1849594 and item number 7 point to the Parish Register for Tipton C of E Parish Church but it doesn't say which church that was. FMP has the baptisms for Tipton St Paul and for Tipton St Martin for 1871 and I have checked the images but he isn't listed in January 1871 on either of those. FreeREG says it has completed the baptisms for St Martin and St Mark for that year but not St Paul. They also list a St John Princes End where baptisms began in 1854 and they have completed transcribing them up to 1865 but it doesn't say whether there are later baptisms which they haven't done yet. I wonder if that is where the Clarkes were baptised?

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 25-07-14, 11:15

Thanks for looking too Kite.

I guess that ST John Princes End is a possibility. I didn't know that church existed. I wonder if that church will be in the phase 2 on FMP.

The family were living in the parish of St Martin on the 71 census so the assumption was that that would be the place at least Isaac was baptised at.