Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 05-10-09, 07:34

Default Help with occupation please

Received the death certs of my OHs gggrandparents today, opened Philip Calladines first and thought i had my first wrong cert, but after opening Sarahs, the occupation looks similar. I know Sarahs is right because of who was present at death.

I have marriage certs for 2 of the daughters, on one Philip is a Collier and the other a Miner,

Philip`s

Sarah`s

Could someone help with he surname of Elizabeth from Philips cert too please, they had a daughter Elizabeth and it might help me find her marriage,

Thanks for any help

Sylvia

Last edited by Gert in Oz; 05-10-09 at 07:37.
Old 05-10-09, 07:37
Administrator

The occupation is "Drover" and rthe surname is Jolley. A drover was a person who drove cattle, which sounds quite different from a collier! I suppose he must have changed jobs.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 05-10-09, 07:42

Thank you for looking Kiterunner, i should have added Philip died in 1841 and Sarah 1877 and the children were married after he died, so i may have a wrong cert after all.

Sylvia
Old 05-10-09, 10:07

Bear with me people, there is a Jolley family (transcribed as Tolley) living next door to the Calladines in Bag Lane in 1841. Elizabeth is the wife, unfortunatley there are no house numbers.

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 199; Book: 11; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Derbyshire; Enumeration District: 14; Folio: 12; Page: 19; Line: 16; GSU roll: 241300.

If this is the informant Elizabeth on the cert, she is not his daughter, but could mean i have the right cert for Philip.

Sylvia