Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 12-03-15, 10:35

Hello Vince and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy researching your family history. It can become a very absorbing hobby - as people here will testify.

As regards Lily Kavanagh, the person I was helping was, in fact, your cousin, JW.

However, don't let that deter you. There are members of this site with extraordinary expertise in researching family history who are always on hand to help, guide and advise you.
Old 19-05-15, 08:24

If anyone is still looking into this I have a copy of Lily Kavanagh's marriage certificate I am Lily's grandson she married John William kinnaird in Grimsby
Old 08-04-18, 14:16

hi vince,
im aware that this post was put up 3 years ago. I am the grandaughter of Michael Kavanagh my mum rose kavanagh is still alive, michaels daughter. My mum was 3 years old when he got lost at sea. Could you shed any information as we would like to take my mum to Ireland not sure what part of Ireland the family is from. We have the same information as you but cant seem to find out anything more. Mary is molly and elizabeth is lilly. Debbie - Grimsby
Old 08-04-18, 14:21

also for Shona, michael Kavanagh married florence miller not elsie. florence is my grandmother.
Old 08-04-18, 14:28

also does anyone have any old photos of this family? as we dont even have a photo of Michael. We have a photo of my great grandfather and great grandmother rose and michael only.
Old 08-04-18, 15:11
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Debbie. Can you please confirm that your mum has given you the o.k. to post her name on here, as we don't allow details of living people to be posted without their permission.

Are you saying that the Michael Kavanagh who was 7 in 1911, son of Michael and Rose, was your grandfather? If you're sure about that, then the census records which Shona posted up show that he was from Kingstown, County Dublin, which is now called DĂșn Laoghaire.

Irish Civil Registration records are available on this link:
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/iri.../civil-records

This looks to be Michael's birth registration:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....97/1704874.pdf
Michael John Kavanagh, born 8 Sep 1904, parents Michael Kavanagh, labourer, and Rose Kavanagh, formerly Johnston, of Wellington Street.
Kingstown 2 Registrar's District, Rathdown Union, County Dublin.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 08-04-18, 17:12

Yes my mum as given her permission for me to state her name.
The Micheal Kavanagh who was 7 in 1911 is my Grandfather. He was lost at sea in October 1933 when he was 29yrs old on a ship called the Juliana that sailed out of Grimsby. My mum remembers when she was a young girl being in contact with Wynn Nell and Lilly, Lilly is short for Elizabeth and Nell short for Ellen also the Mary that was listed is in fact known as Molly, my elder sister was named after her.
My Mum as never been certain in what part of Ireland her father came from, Dublin was mentioned, but she was never 100%.The sad thing is she owns no photograph of her Dad.