Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 23-04-18, 08:43
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks Merry. I would think that was definitely Jane's death as she was in the 1841 Census widow born C1770.

I made a few notes with what I found in the Census on Ancestry and the surnames are very varied. I think I need to trawl through the Census for Moreton and see if I can unravel them more.

This is what I noted - hope it is accurate.

In the 1841 Census at Moreton. Boreham
James 20 sawyer born C1821
(I know the ages are rounded, but at the time I think I thought he should be older!!).
Jane 70 widower born C1771
Henry 15 unm born C1826

1851 Census Berham
James 39 sawyer
Eliza 39
William 13

living either side appear to be her family
James White 73 carpenter
Sarah 75
and
James White Prentice 45 sawyer (so might be another child born pre marriage) Might be a thing with carpenters!!

1861 Census Bourham I read - transcribed Boarham

1871Census Boreham
James 58 carpenter
his son William 33 carpenter are living next to each other.

1881 Census

William 43 carpenter (now living between the Nags Head and the School - great location)

James 71 carpenter & Eliza 71

1891 Census

William Boram 53 carpenter
Susannah 52
Frederick 23 grocer's assistant
Walter 20
Ernest 16

James Borham age 75 retired labourer living with his son in law George Knight shoemaker and daughter Mary .. I need to check and see if Mary Borham married a Radley who died and then George Knight to confirm

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 23-04-18 at 08:49.
Old 23-04-18, 09:04
tenterfieldjulie

The 1891 Census has the correct James as his daughter Mary Ann Borham married first William Radley in 1862, who died in 1870 and she married George Knight in 1873.

So James Borham's age might be erratic, but he is the right man lol .. I think he died in 1893 at Ongar. He of course is the 2nd James, the one who married Eliza White, not the James who married Jane Pavitt/Pavet.

I found a death of Elizabeth Boram at Epping (which covers Ongar) in 1890 aged 85. I think she could be James 2s wife? Maybe the person who registered her death wasn't sure of her name ... calling her Mum/Grandma and guessed her age? I have some strange registrations by son in law .. In Australia question - Number of children? .. none!! Can anyone see something I am missing?

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 23-04-18 at 09:24.
Old 23-04-18, 11:49
Administrator

Eliza Boream death Apr-Jun 1889 Ongar, age 76.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 23-04-18, 23:36
tenterfieldjulie

Thanks for finding her Kate. I thought I had posted but obviously not. That surname has so many variants and mistranscriptions!! Originally de Boreham. It is not a name I knew before.
Thanks for the info on the birth reg including the mother's name. I have only used freebdm, so I must register for the gro as I want to buy some death certs for Cornwall.