Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 11-07-20, 18:49
Administrator

McBev - I panicked a bit when you said your Hannah died in 1903 as that's when 'mine' died (actually OH's!). But mine was Feb and yours May, both aged 36.

Yes, I meant I couldn't see birth registrations for Maurice and the others (ie yours!) as I was looking to find their mmn.

I think my Daniel may have been in the army before his first marriage, as none of the birth certificates for his various children or any of his three marriage certs say anything about him being in the army. I suppose it is possible though.....given they are all hiding in 1901!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-07-20, 19:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
What are the chances?!
lol!!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-07-20, 19:07

I did notice a Daniel Gleeson, reg No:1579 in the Royal Munster Fusiliers out in Burma, 1887-9 and Sth Africa for the Boer War abt 1902. However, I found a short attestation paper for that reg no. and it suggests a birthplace in St Forfar, Yorks https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...=successSource

Coincidental?
Old 11-07-20, 19:21
Administrator

Maybe. I only think it may have been the Royal Munster Fusiliers - the 1911 census record just says Royal M squggle squiggle!

It's Hannah (Scannell) that I'm most interested in. She is a 'new' child of OH's 2xg-grandparents that we didn't know about until the start of our lockdown here. I did a load of research on her in March/April, all written on a sheet of paper which I then lost. This morning I discovered her all over again and didn't find the bit of paper until now. I must get what we know added to the tree before the paper goes missing again! Frustrating that the only census record for her should be the 1901, but she is missing. She has no baptism either (I mean I can't find one; I expect she was baptised!).

Old 12-07-20, 12:08

just found marriage for Daniel & Hannah...guess you have that already. D/o Bat Scannell (Bart? - if so, that would fit with name of son, following the Irish naming patterns). The image seems to say Daniel was a widower....was Hannah his 2nd wife?
Old 12-07-20, 12:24
Administrator

Yes, that's right, Daniel married three times. The first was to Hannah Collins and the third was to Eliza(beth) nee Barrett who had previously been married to someone named Bowen.