Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 3xGreat-Grandparent

Old 10-03-11, 10:22
tenterfieldjulie

Default Mr. McDonagh OH MFFFF

Name - Mr. McDonagh
Date and place of birth: Unknown Probably Gurteen, Sligo Ireland
Names of parents:
Date and place of baptism: RC
Marriage: Unknown
Addresses: The family farm of his son Thomas was in the townland of Gurtigara, near Gurteen, Sligo, Ireland
Date, place and cause of death: Unknown
Date and place of burial: Possibly Mt. Irwin, near Gurteen as that was traditionally the McDonagh place of burial.
Details of will : Unknown
Memorial inscription: Nil
Old 10-03-11, 12:09
Administrator

Julie, Do you know roughly when Thomas McDonagh was born? (as if we might all suddenly make a discovery! lol)

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 10-03-11, 23:10
tenterfieldjulie

Merry this is a big guess here, I'd calculate 1805 for Thomas.
From the documents I acquired at the Sligo Heritage and Genealogy Centre - His son John married 23 Feb 1866 RC Chapel of Bunninaden, Parish Kilshalvey, Kilturra (Ballymote) to Bridget Finn. He was a widower aged 32 years. a farmer of Gurtagara. Makes John born 1834 ish, on the marriage cert his father's name was Tom a farmer (which ties in with John's son Michael being known as Michael John Tom - oodles of McDonagh's around Gurteen and another McDonagh family in the townland of Gurtigara/Gurtygara in late 1890s). I estimate Tom/Thomas married around 1830, born 1805.
On Griffith Valuations 1858 Gortygara John McDonagh Senior and Junior lease from Lord De Freyne - Land, House & Offices (outhouses for animals). Mary McDonagh leased a house from John Jnr.?

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 11-03-11 at 01:30. Reason: Found reference and re read Merry's question re Tom:
Old 11-03-11, 11:10
tenterfieldjulie

Merry are you thinking aloud or tormenting me ..... pleaseeeeeeeee

Tags
to3g17