Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 24-06-14, 15:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary from Italy View Post
I've just been having another look, but I can't find a baptism for an Ann or another child likely to be the one born in 1803. There's nothing under the surname Ames or Allen at St Michael's, Lichfield (on my disc), nothing at Ashby (FreeReg has transcribed baptisms for 1783-1812), and I can't see anything on familysearch either.

The only additional snippet of information I've found is an Ann Allen witnessing the marriage of Philip John Wright (widower) and Ann Ames at St. Michael's, Lichfield on 26/2/1827. The other witness was Samuel South.
I looked up Philip John Wright and his family on the census before, but his Ann was too old to be the illegitimate child of William Allen and Sarah Ames b 1807 (and of course the witness might be that Ann!). Of course, now I can't find the person I thought was Philip's wife (Philip died in 1847) to see if she fits with Ann Ames, sister of Sarah and Mary who was bap in Church Lawton, Cheshire in 1792. I would surely have noticed if Mrs Wright had Lawton or Church Lawton as a place of birth, so maybe I had the wrong person in any case, or maybe unconnected.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 25-06-14, 07:56
Administrator

Quote:
Samuel Ames married Martha Bostock 15 Jul 1783 at Barthomley, Cheshire (he may have been married before in 1781 but I can't decide if it's the same man or not).
I should think this is Martha Bostock:

Name: Martha Bostock
Baptism Date: 4 Jun 1758
Baptism Place: Barthomley, Cheshire, England
Father: William Bostock

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010